Friday, January 8, 2010

Motivation or Stupidity?

So I'm having cub scouts like I'm supposed to every 2 weeks on minimum days. Marcus and Trever get this great idea that they want to climb the mountain behind us. There is an old Indian burial ground and I USED to run up to it and around then back down, it was a hard run because it doesn't look like it's too much of an incline, but it is. So we get up to than, and the boys look up and say "we want to go to the top". I say ok and we were on our way. This was such a steep climb that we would slip a little in places. At one point I was dying and stopped to rest, I was ready to be done but they convinced me to keep going. We didn't get to the top but we got pretty close. I want to think I could have done it, a little slower, but we ran out of time and had to get back down. I promised to do it again when I was in better shape. Marcus won't let me forget it!

This is at the very bottom where we started. You can barely see the circle cut trail at what looks like the bottom. That's the burial ground. We were headed up to the point on the left with the little (from here) rock on it.
That flag was the highest I got. Sami and the boys went a little further, not much because I didn't want them too far, maybe 10 yards is all. The top left is still where we were headed. As you can see, it wasn't far.



This is where I was, looking down at my house which is not the first group but the second one on the left. I was dang high up.

I'm a little excited to try it again, with more time.

2 comments:

Krissy said...

You are a tough chick...and they have you in the perfect calling!! You're adventurous!!

Grammy said...

I call it Cub Scout Brain, and I think only leaders get it. Every challenge looks fun and exciting. Then when you are no longer a leader it just seems crazy. I think I would have wanted to stay and explore the Indian Burial grounds myself. Krissy is right, that calling works for you!