Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy Anniversary To Me!

Today is Jim and my anniversary. This one is more special than a lot of the others and I think I know why but I am extra mushy about it. Things have literally never been better in our relationship. I think we finally grew up. I am queen of arguing and either he learned to ignore me, or I've learned to choose my battles, or a little of both. All I know is that I'm excited to see him when he gets home from work, I miss him when he's gone. He's the first one I want to tell about anything that happens in my day, good or bad. The only one I want to cry to, the one I love to laugh with, and I know he knows me better than anyone ever has before. He's stuck by my side when it wasn't the easy thing to do and when I pushed him away the hardest. I knew he was hard headed but until now I thought that was a bad thing. Now I know it's just how he had to be to put up with me. At 35 years old I still think he is the sexiest man in the world and just check out all his hair! He makes me laugh and pushes me to do things that he knows I want to but that I'm normally too afraid to do. He is a great dad and I never worry about my house when I leave him and the kids alone, he takes care of it better than I do when he needs to. He loves babies and it melts my heart to see him hold and play and love and kiss a baby. I love his romantic side and how sentimental he is, it's taken a long time but he's finally rubbing off on me I think. All I know is that I am truly blessed to be his wife and I can now say that I KNOW things will only get better as we go! I don't have a lot of wedding pictures, mainly because we only planned our wedding in 2 days. We had planned on getting married in April but we came out here to California to help Kenny and his family move back to Colorado and so that I could get to know his family better. His mom mentioned us getting married in Vegas on our way back home. I knew my parents wouldn't miss a Vegas trip so we did it. My parents met us there and we tied the knot at The Little White Chapel on the strip in Vegas at about 11pm. My sister was there and all his siblings (except Tami I think) were there. I found my perfect dress on clearance at JCPennys for $40, I wore white lace, lace up cowboy boots and a white cowboy hat with a veil. Jim wore black wranglers black boots and a black vest and a yummy black cowboy hat. He looked so so so good! We only dated for about 3 months before we got married but there was no doubt in my mind he was the one I was supposed to be with forever.




Later we were sealed in the Portland Temple but I will go into those details on that anniversary!

2 comments:

Karrie said...

You guys look exactly the same!
Congrats on stickin' to it.

Anonymous said...

That was one very cool wedding..everybody had a good time and were so very happy...love you both so much. You know we can all go back one of these years to see you renew your vows!! haha