Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What Motivates You?

Stupid thing that's on my mind lately. Who knows if it's because of New Years resolutions or that my house is spilling over with un-organized junk, but I am the most un motivated person I could ever meet. I KNOW reading scriptures daily blesses my life, I've done it, experienced it, loved it, and influenced my family... but I don't do it. I KNOW that exercise makes me feel so good outside and in, it brings up my mood, it takes out aggravation, and it's addictive once I start... but I don't do it. I LOVE a clean organized home, for years I was a neat freak (before kids) it's not really not that hard to keep up on, I have kids to help... but it's not always clean and definitely not organized. So as I talked to a friend yesterday, about the exercise one, she helped me realize I'm just not motivated. So I'm trying to think of HOW to get motivated. There used to be a time when my house was clean and I was doing crafts and I was actually BORED. And that's when the kids were little! I guess it's just different now. I do run for the kids most of the time. And where I live does not make a quick trip to town but I would love to be bored just once. So I'm trying to figure out HOW to get motivated to do any of these things. Every time I walk into the girls room, I back out and shut the door behind me. By the way... thank you Alex for a semi-clean room. I love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...when you figure all this out could you please let me in on the secret...meanwhile...I love you unmotivated or not.:)
Mom

Grammy said...

Hmmm, motivation? I ran the boys to seminary and school, started laundry and the dishwasher, all before 8 this morning. Then I crawled back in bed and took a nap. I KNOW I have tons to do over the next few weeks and I can't get myself moving, so when you figure something out, pass it on to me too!

Grammy said...

As far as getting organized... JOY used to do little classes, maybe she would come up and do one, she really is amazing.

Karrie said...

I'm not really sure what motivates me to do the things I do. Or want to. I do have a straight-A, type-A (mostly) personality. But other than that... no real idea. Sorry not to be of any real help.
Hey, there is a need at the school, and you could fill it! They need parent helpers to shelve books at the library. Whenever you can. Since they have no librarian anymore...just a thought.