Thursday, December 17, 2009

My nieces and nephew... well the 3 I miss most!

Jim has a HUGE family here and I get to see most of these nieces and nephews pretty much whenever I want, and even sometimes when I don't. (ok that's not true, I never mind seeing them, they are all fun in different ways) The bad thing is that I have 2 other nieces and 1 more nephew that I almost NEVER get to see, so this post is ALL for them.

Kaycee is the oldest. She will be 15 April 5th and I can't believe how beautiful this girl is. She has grown so much. She is one of the most intelligent people I have ever met. (Coleton and her would have great conversations) She isn't just smart but she is so musically talented. She plays the violin and I think the guitar. She is on the debate team and participates in the school drama productions. She goes to the high school I graduated from because it is the best in the city they live in but is a little ways from her house. It's worth it for her to get a chance to grow the way she needs to. She has had a boyfriend for awhile but they just broke up. I think it's because she is just way too smart to let a boy get in her way of success at this point in her life. Last time I went out to see her I got to watch her in a track meet and I was so proud of her. It was her first and even though she didn't finish first she looked beautiful crossing that finish line. My sister and her lived with me for a short time when Kaycee was a baby and I was pregnant with Alex and this baby had me wrapped around her finger. I love her so much and can't wait to see her again, and this time not in pictures!

That's my sister behind her, don't they look a lot alike?

Rory is my nephew. He turned 14 September 12th and hit his growth spurt. He is tall blond and so handsome. He is a computer gamer (like Alex) and is a great soccer player and starting to be a great basketball player too. He goes to a private Christian school and from what I hear he is doing amazing. He is doing great in school and doesn't really care what people think of him. He's going to be a heart breaker but I think he's going to wait. He makes great decisions about what movies to watch and what music to listen to. It's awesome to see him following Christ and hanging on to that iron rod!

Rory and Kaycee

Now Courtney, she's my youngest on my side. She shares Jimi's Birthday March 13th and is a year younger so she is 11. All I can say about Courtney is that she is identical to ME! She is outgoing and try's everything and loves boys and is so active in everything. She does good in school but only so she can go be social. I can't imagine this girl failing at ANYTHING. She wraps everyone around her finger. My mom said that she loves when Courtney cleans the kitchen because she is very thorough and pays attention to detail. From my own experience I know this girl can probably read people in about 30 seconds and knows how to play them in that short time. When she was little she really really loved her aunt Dany, we loved to spend time together, maybe because she saw how I could make her mom so mad (cuz we're sisters) and get away with it. I think she was trying to figure it out, I hope she didn't. She just reminds me of me, so of course I love her.



These are just a few pictures my mom gave me from her phone. I hope I get more soon, and this time in person.

1 comment:

PawPaw said...

Very nice post Dany!

Love to all,
PawPaw