Thursday, November 5, 2009

Update on Football

It's almost over which I am happy about but I always get a little sad. It takes a lot of time out of our schedule but it is also a lot of family time and I truly enjoy watching my boys play football and my girls excel in cheer.

- Both Alex and Trever's teams made it to playoffs. They play in Rim on Saturday which honestly I didn't really budget for so it will be up there at 3:00am and home hopefully by midnight. If they loose they are done with their season, I really don't think Trever's team will loose, and Alex's team has beat the team they are playing and lost to them once too.

-The girls are preparing for competition. They have two and I hope Sami's team does well but I KNOW Jimi's team will do awesome! Jimi has been working on a back tuck (flip) for a few weeks, maybe months. Her coach said if she didn't have it by Tuesdays practice she couldn't count on it for competition. So Jim and I talked her into just trying a back handspring. She got it after about 30 minutes and she doesn't need a spotter or anything. I helped one more girl on their team who was struggeling a little with it on Tuesday at practice gave her a few tips and now she's got it too. At this level it really impresses the judges to have at least one tumbler on a squad but two will really wow them and they look great! They have some difficult stunts and really nail them.

-Alex got his 2nd ever touch down on Saturday in Bishop, here is HIS article in the paper this week. From the Kern Valley Sun

The Kern Valley Senior Broncs beat the Bishop Broncos on Saturday in Bishop by a score of 28-19.The Broncs were down 12-6 at halftime, but charged back in the second half.
=Dalton Gallis led the Broncs offense by going 7-for-14 for 110 yards in the air, including a 43 yard touchdown strike to Cody Little. Gallis had four carries for 74 yards and two TD's. Alex Hurley had 14 carries for 78 yards, including a 38 yard TD run.Hurley and Thomas Hill led the Broncs defensive attack with Hurley posting eight tackles and three sacks, while Hill added nine tackles. Tristen Hernandez had seven tackles, and Quinn Bohn posted two sacks.


Just to clarify it never seems like Alex's stats seem the greatest ever but he is one of the bigger boys on the team so one of his jobs is to power up the middle THROUGH the line to get just a few yards for the first down, so he doesn't get as many yards but is tough. He does credit most of his yards and touch downs to HIS lead blocker Tristen Hernandez you does an amazing job blocking for Alex. It's great that Alex sees that he couldn't do it all himself and needs Tristen. They have great field chemistry and will play great together through high school too.

-Now Trever's article isn't so great this week. It seems like when he has a great game it isn't printed but the gist is... he had 2 tackles. It doesn't mention a block he had where he took the poor boy out of the game and made him quit. And the boy was at least a foot taller than him.

- My camera took a dump and doesn't work so I wish I had pictures of them in action. I'm hoping Santa brings me a nice Canon Rebel camera for Christmas. There is a lady who takes a lot of action shots and she is looking for some of Alex and Trever and we will buy some good ones if they have them, and a girl who films all of Trevers games and sells them for only $5 a game.

- The game was on Halloween and the girls did the Thriller dance, I taught Jimi and she taught the team. I though I got it recorded but little did I know my good camera is broken too so I didn't get it. I heard someone else videoed it and I'm trying to get a copy because it was so cute.

This was much longer than I had hoped but that's what's going on with football. We are debating on letting Jimi play basketball for school, I like the break before softball/baseball starts, especially because i am probably going to coach this year.

No comments: