Monday, July 20, 2009

It's all fun and games until someone gets their eye poked out


I think our family should have a rule against saws. I will in the future be using safety goggles. It was simple, I was cutting a board when sparks flew (probably a nail) and searing pain in my eye. I went inside rinsed it out and tried to go to bed. It hurt so bad all night long so in the morning since my eye felt like it was going to fall out we took a trip to the ER, where our DR. was a HUGE Bronco fan. So I knew I was in great hands.



They died my eye yellow, then put a black light on it that showed a deep laceration They stuck this THING to my eye, and squirted water through it. It was so amazingly painful! SO PAINFUL! Nothing like going into the ER in pain and them wanting to stick a suction cup to your eye. After antibiotic drops I was sent home, with a patch, to sit and do nothing. This morning it feels so much better, still red and scratchy but much better. It should heal quickly and I will be back to remodeling my bedroom in no time.

This is what was stuck to my eye!


I actually jumped up when only half of this bag of fluid was shot at my eye. I jumped out of bed yanked that thing of my eye and said, " all better, I quit, I'm outta here". I don't know what the nurses thought, but the Dr. knew I was serious because he agreed that I had had enough.

1 comment:

Karrie said...

Ewww! Yuck. Your guys' health insurance is going to drop you if you guys keep chopping up body parts...

Get better soon, patchy!