Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Camp, camp, camp

Alex left for the High Adventure Boy Scout camp yesterday. They are camping up somewhere on Greenhorn. They are rock climbing, mountain biking, rafting, he's learning photography and many other things. I don't like it. I like when I see my kids every night and know where they are and what they're doing and that they ate their dinner. I'm surviving only because Jim is a leader and goes up to check on the boys during work. (well he did yesterday, and will again today)
Next week Jimi goes to girls camp for church. I did this as a leader for 4 years, I know where they are going, I know what they are doing so it is a little bit easier. But it's still just not the same when you take one kid out of the equation. Girls camp is a great spiritual time, I loved it and I know she will too. I know her testimony will only grow.
It has been so hot, 108 yesterday. I don't tell many people that I love it cause they would think I was crazy, but I do. I love swimming and being in the water. Today we are either going to the river, or to the lake.
Jim and I are starting our bedroom. The kids and I cleaned out the garage last Friday so that we can start. We have to place a few windows and run wire and insulate. Then we have a friend that will put up the drywall for us. I'm excited, I think I will like it better here if I had a little space.
So no pictures, mainly because Alex has my camera, but still a busy summer of fun!

3 comments:

Grammy said...

I think the biggest difference between boy's camp and girl's camp is probably organization. And i'm realizing the guys are ok with that, they don't care. They will be fine (and I know prayer will keep them safe). So no worries! At least that is what I'm telling myself.
I love being in the water too, just not lake water. especially when it's hot.

Karrie said...

Yea for your new bedroom! It will be nice to have some more room... and let's not discount the effect of painting! Ahhh... a real bedroom for everyone! What are you going to do with your breezeway? Make it an office/laundry area? Whatever you do, having room will be nice.
And hey, Alex is old enough that if he doesn't eat his dinner, it'll be ALL him. ;)
And I found out I'm going to girls' camp, so I'll secretly keep an eye on Jimi for you. (When I see her- I'll be serving her food. So I'll make sure she eats!)

Karrie said...

Oh ya, and the 108? It's a little hot for me. I like 80.