Friday, May 1, 2009

Coach Dany?

I was asked to coach Sami's softball team last night so the REAL coach could go to his other daughters game. This is what I learned from the short 1 1/2 hour practice.

1. Always look when Jimi is throwing you the ball. Realize she can't tell that I am not looking at her with dark sunglasses on. The knot on my head will go away and those sweet little tweeting birds flying around were really fun for about an hour.

2. If anyone has to get hurt, don't let it be the coach's daughter! She caught a foul tip with her eye. We are going to see if it lasts as long as Sami's. (she still has hers)

3. My body isn't as young as my mind is. I loved being out there, but I am sore today. In my own defense I did run/walk 3.5 miles and did some yoga, and did Tami's ab circle machine too.

4. I don't like softball dirt anymore. It was in my toes, through my shoes. I HATE that!

5. I don't have enough patience to coach the little girls, they make silly mistakes and scream, a lot!

6. Jimi is more coachable than Sami. That was a shocker, but Jimi listens and tries it my way. Sami won't get past trying to teach me.

7. I will loose sleep over a softball team that isn't even mine. Trying to find better places for different girls, and wondering why certain girls are playing where they are. (Michelle, I need to share these with you, you should call me) I couldn't go to sleep last night, and woke up at 5am.

I get/have to be the stand in coach while the others go to Hawaii. For two games and a practice. Michelle will help me I'm sure, right Michelle? I still think I want to coach next year, but I will re-evaluate after I coach the games.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You did great, I thought. You handle the softball part and I'll be the disciplinarian. Those girls were driving me nuts. I'll yell, I don't care if they like me or not! lol And Emily and her ball hogging.....I want to smack her. I told Steve I it drives me nuts and I said something to her. At least next year, you'll be with the next level up girls. I'll still be stuck with the minors. I wonder about their positions, too. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I don't have your number...need to get that from you. Can't believe you were up at 5 either, that is just crazy! Talk to you soon or I'll just see you at the game tomorrow!