Friday, May 8, 2009

Southfork Track Meet

Today was Alex and Jimi's track meet for school. Jimi does it every year but this was Alex's first time. I need to make a note to myself for any year following this because EVERY year I get a horrible sun burn and this year was no exception. Alex got it pretty bad too, sorry Alex. So this is how things went.

Alex started off by running the mile. I was very impressed, he got second out of the 7th grade boys. His time was 6:30. Then he did the triple jump and got first place with a jump of 27' 7". He did the long jump and won first with a jump of 12' 7". He was in the group tug of war and his team won first. Then very last he did the 110 meter dash and blew us away. He won first with a time of 13 seconds. I had no idea he was that fast. It just goes to show he can do anything, when HE wants to, now how do I get him to want to all the time? Great job Alex, can't wait to see what you can do next year.
I can't believe how buff he looks in the picture. He has grown so much it makes me sad.
Now with Jimi. She did the long jump and won first with a jump of 10' 2". She did the 4x200 meter relay where she was the final runner and they won first. She also ran the 4x100 where her team won first. Last she did the 200 meter run, which is halfway around the track. She sprinted it and came in first. (by a lot) She didn't run the mile this year, I was a little disappointed because she usually does. She is going to be like her dad, a sprinter. It was a fun morning, living in such a small town it's fun to see friends and just hang out with them. This is Cori and Michelle. Cori had a really really bad sunburn and she even put sunscreen on, she even had white finger marks on her arm where she sat with her arms folded. (heheh) Next year I'll wear sunscreen!

This is Jimi with one of her best friends Destiny. And Alex and Toni, just like when they were little. How cute.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, look at you on the ball! I had a great time hanging out with you guys too. We need to do the whole lunch thing more often. I put sunscreen on and still got a little red, too. Poor Tanessa. I gave her sunblock and she put it on her face but the back of her neck and legs got really burned. And what's with the picture? I should have hid behind Cori! Good luck on your run tomorrow. We'll miss you at softball.

Grammy said...

Hey! My sunburn isn't that bad! I've had worse, and it's just my arms. I might blog a picture of the finger prints though! The track meet was fun, especially since I got to just watch Zachary hanging out and being his laid back self. and I'm with Michelle...not the greatest picture!

Michelle said...

Hehehehe......the fingerprints on Cori's arm were pretty funny!