Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Softball has begun

Sami doesn't like cheerleading, so that means we do softball just for her. And since we did it for her we let Jimi do it too. Opening day was last Saturday and Sami has had 2 games since then. Jimi has one tonight. Sami's team has been accused of being "stacked" I think it's just an intense coach, most of the girls on her team are first year players. Well they won their first game and last nights game will continue later because it got dark before they could finish. Sami is playing 2nd center. They pull the center field into the field and play 2nd. She wants to pitch but coaches daughter pitches so good luck with that. She does great pitching at home, but I don't know how she'll do in a game. I've talked to the coach and hopefully he will let her show her stuff soon. Last night she hit a double. I thought I was more excited than she was, but then I saw her jumping up and down on second base, she was pretty excited herself. She blows me away when she's out there, she's not my little Sami. She's aggressive and so fast and it doesn't even look like her, she has gotten so tall. She is doing a great job, I'm even thinking about coaching next season. Ask me again when the seasons over. Notice Sami still has a black eye in the picture above. It's not gone yet, but looks MUCH better. And she doesn't seem afraid of the ball anymore.




Alex likes going to her games because one of his old/new girlfriends goes to watch her sister. Trever likes going because his best friend goes. I really do love softball, I played for years and years and kind of miss it. I'm glad the girls enjoy it
.

No comments: