Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The 10 Virgins are no longer virgins



The play is over. This is where I thought I would say how happy I was, but really I'm not. I miss the fun time with the girls and it was really really good for me to step outside my comfort zone and face this fear I have had for so long. I don't know if it was the EMDR, or that I saw Trever sleeping in a chair (not subtly at all either) but after about the first line of my song I got over most of my nerves and actually really impressed myself. Now, that's not saying I did great and could be the next American Idol, but I didn't puke or pass out or run off stage crying like I thought I might. Everyone did great and sounded beautiful. I questioned Ed when he said my song would be a duet with the Holy Ghost, but I think he was right. So first, this is what I learned and miss about by doing the play...


1. The fun time backstage being the bad virgins


2. Angie. All the help with my song, and trying to help with my nerves, and going to her house to practice and not actually getting any practice done.


3. Teasing all the girls about something or other, and learning so much about the ones I didn't know very well. Who knew Lynn was such a crack up with her one liners?


4. The costumes, they really were sexy, it's all on how you wore them and a bad virgin like me could really pull off some great looks.


5. My lamp isn't full and I actually have a long way to go before it is and I better get to work.


6. I learned that I really can do anything I set my mind to, I just have to remember that myself.


7. Jim still has the romantic side, he left roses on my chair at the rehearsal the night before, just letting me know he believed in me. It helped so much.





I'm really glad I did it, and I need to actually thank Ed for twisting my arm and letting me be a part of this really touching production. I really do feel honored, now that it's over.

2 comments:

Angie Thompson said...

There's always the next time ...

BushlingX7 said...

You always sounded good. It was all in your head. Your voice is beautiful- I miss all the laughing we did back stage.