Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sami's a Pitcher... sort of

Sami finally got her day to pitch. She has been asking for awhile now and hasn't gotten the chance. So I really haven't been working with her all that much because she is a great third baseman. Her coach threw her in last night to pitch much to all of our surprise, luckily I take my camera with me everywhere I go.
She did ok. The one and only thing I HATE about pitchers is when they throw balls and get all grumpy and pout, so Sami knew she was NOT ALLOWED TO POUT! She threw a few balls, and a few strikes. The ump, ummm Michelle's husband Dave, took his job WAY TOO SERIOUSLY and called most of her pitches balls, even though I nicely asked him to just call strikes. He clearly needs glasses because everyone knows it can still be a strike even if it hits the backstop over his head. As long as the pitcher smiles as cute as my little Sami does. When she did get a strike she would clap for herself and she would smile so big and then giggle. (No umpires were harmed in the pitching of Sami Hurley, nor by her mother, close but no harm, oh but she did hit one batter. woopsydoo) She changed her form for every pitch and when one grumpy old man from the other side yelled at her for coming off the mound (ok it's not a mound in softball) her coach sternly let him know it was her VERY first time pitching and that she is only 9. I thought that was nice.

Sami found pitching a little stressful, but I reminded her that it takes a lot of practice and that her first time would be the hardest and now that was out of the way. I'm glad she got the chance, I think all the girls should get at least one chance to play everywhere they want to play.

Trever likes going to Sami's game's when she plays the Wolverines because the girl he is head over heels in love with is their catcher. So I let him have the camera for a minute and he came back with TONS of pictures of her. So this is Rachel. Oh and he is best friends with her brother Brandon, who by the way is in love with Sami.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sami's face up there when she got a strike was the cutest thing ever! Was she so excited after the game? Sorry about that ump....I will try to work on him so he makes better calls next time!See ya tomorrow at practice......that you'll be doing......hehehehe..... sucker!! Just kidding. I'll help if I can. :)

Grammy said...

When is Sami's next game? I need to come watch her one of these days!

Dany said...

she wasn't that excited, she didn't think she did that well. We told her she did great, and that next time will only be better. Her next game is Saturday at 2. I think.