Sunday, March 8, 2009

Whiskey Flats

When we first moved up here we really tried to go to all the big events they have in the valley. Fishing derby, Rod Run, Christmas Parade, and Whiskey Flats. We have stopped going to most of it, but we do enjoy going up to Whiskey Flats for one of the days. They have booths, a parade, and a rodeo people run for Whiskey Flats mayor for charity, we can buy bribes to help them win, then they have shoot outs and dinners, it's a big deal for about a month before. This year we figured it out, usually you can't find a place to park or a good place to watch the parade, so this time we went to Pizza Barn and ate pizza on the deck while we watched the parade. Then when it was over we go park at the Verizon C.O. and the perks of that is we have a nice CLEAN indoor bathroom whenever we want. They have some neat booths and Carmel apples. I love Carmel apples! The weather was really nice so that meant a lot of people, I start panicking around huge groups like that, I'm constantly searching for my kids and people are breathing MY air, and it was hard this year because Alex was seeing all of his friends and wanting to go walk around with them. Jim kept saying sure and I would panic more. When I think about it now I know it wasn't a big deal, he had his phone, and the area it's in is really really small, I could have whistled and he would have known to come find me. So, I guess that's what Xanax is for. Thank goodness for Xanax. Not many pictures but here are the few we did take.


Trever is so funny! I think Sami was thinking about how she could REALLY do this to him when we got home. After about 20 tries of Sami trying to get a picture, this was the best one we could get.

Jimi and Alex got into it too. The top hole was so high that Jimi was standing on Alex's shoulders.

No comments: