Monday, March 9, 2009

Daddy said to keep your eye on the ball!

Sami did, I'm at lunch with Cori on Friday when my cell rings.

Karen: "Hi Dany this is Karen from Southfork" now usually she continues saying, everyone is fine. This time she said "um everyone is... OK."

Me: "which one is it this time?"

Karen:" Sami decided to catch a softball with her eye, it's pretty bad and swelling quiet a bit. It's DEFINITELY gonna leave a mark, but I think she's ok. Well at least she quit crying. Here I'll let you talk to her"

Me:" hey Sami, since you just got put on a softball team, I think it's important for you to know that's what the glove is for. You catch with the glove NOT your eye!"

Sami: "uh huh"
She was ok. But here is the after math, we are taking daily pictures because we all have bets on all the pretty colors it will turn and how long it will take to go away. I think it will be about 3 weeks before it's completely gone. Poor baby!
This is Friday evening after school and lots of icing.



This is Sami Saturday morning, when it actually swelled shut. As you can see it looked bad later that day too.



Sunday morning. She was so funny and wore my big sunglasses almost everywhere.



And this morning before she left for school. She didn't like the time change so she was late. (as usual) Karen called and was worried when she didn't see Sami. She was checking up to make sure she was OK. That is the nice thing about the kids going to a small school. They were all amazing and caring when Jimi was sick, but even a good shiner gets a check up call on Monday morning.


3 comments:

Karrie said...

Those pics make it look bad- but they still don't do it justice. It looks NASTY in person. Good thing she's so dang cute- it just makes her look tough. (If I got a black eye I'd look deformed.)

Michelle said...

All I have to say is....OUCH!!!!! Poor thing. Maybe she needs a bigger glove?? :)lol

Grammy said...

so... not to freak you out or anything, but... one of my sisiters got a black eye a few years ago... and when she is tired you can still see where the bruise was, she has a perfect Nike swoosh under one eye. Poor sami, how is it looking today?