Thursday, February 26, 2009

NOW I'm back!

Yeah Yeah, I know I said I was back before. But when I got my computer back they told me that my replacement power charger may have caused my mother board to fry. So needless to say... I didn't use it. I JUST got a new one from Dell. But it took forever to get it! So I sat down to blog and realized that I hadn't taken ANY pictures! Like I thought my camera was broke! It's not, but I guess I will be thankful for my blog because it forces me to take lots and lots of pictures if nothing else. But here is what's been going on here.
1. We had to move the horses, I am so sad!

2. Jim went dirt bike riding with the "guys". And he got the bug again. Last summer Alex was riding my bike, jumped it and hit the huge rock on the other side of the rock. (I was thinking the same thing... Why didn't he find out WHAT was on the other side of the jump BEFORE he went over it?) Well, the rock put a huge hole in my crank case. But we are going to fix it so we can get back out.

3. Jim was really sick and stayed home from work for 2 days. By the second day when he was feeling much better he started going stir crazy. We played a Rubik cube game thingy. We battled on guitar hero without the kids. He wanted to go golfing. He cleaned out his side of the closet (this is a HUGE deal, he never gets rid of anything). We had a guitar hero tournament with the kids. He watched the Narnia show with the boys. We went on a walk and sat on a little hill by the palm tree and talked for at least an hour. And this was all in just ONE day! Jimi was so excited, she was impressed that he went from being TERRIBLY sick to being incredibly giggly. It's weird to say but it's been a long time since I saw this Jim, and I love it! Since he had the "seizure" thingy 4 years ago, he's been a little off. It didn't help that just a month later Ken passed away, then Jimi got sick, and about a million other stressful things. But it's like something broke loose and he's all the sudden back to normal, the funny thing is that he says he FEELS different, more clear headed. Whatever it is I couldn't be happier!

4. The PLAY! What do I say about that? My biggest fear in the world is to be afraid to do something. I know crazy, but I don't ever want to be afraid of anything. That doesn't mean I would do anything, but if it is something I want to do, I don't want to be scared and not do it. Well, singing in public is that thing. I have gotten over others, I don't mind speaking in public anymore, but it's a whole different thing to sing in front of people. I thought it would get easier, but it's not. I'm scared that it's never going to be easier and that it will trump my fear of being afraid.

5. I started doing my genealogy. It's fun, but really addictive. I spent an entire day doing it but I love finding all I can about our ancestors.

6. Alex got an A+ in Math! I KNOW, I don't know how he managed it either. YEAH ALEX!!! On the other side, Jimi was sad because she got 1 A, the rest were A+'s. The drama of being an overachieving competitive almost 12 year old!

7. Did my taxes, got them back, spent it. Except for the IOU from California of course.

8. Did I mention the Play? Yes, I am losing sleep over it. Not to mention stomach problems and panic attacks.

9. I sewed a quilt for the humanitarian aid, a woman from church helped me. (I'm so not good at sewing)

10. Book club, Bunko, Playgroup, Planning Relief Society Birthday (Ok, really Jenny did it), and THE PLAY!

So, tonight I'm going to take pictures! I swear Alex has grown since I last posted. I promise that he is now 2 inches TALLER than me!

No comments: