Friday, February 27, 2009

I'M WITH THE BAND!!!!


I think I mentioned that we played Guitar Hero the other night right? Well something was missing so we asked Terry if we could come look at his games and borrow one. So now we are ON TOUR! We have the drums, bass guitar, lead guitar and vocals. We all took turns but I haven't played the drums yet. I got stuck on the vocals, you have to keep your voice just right or you will get booed off stage. (Everyone else did, not me of course... who am I kidding) I had some revelation last night and that is...
1. I am way to old to rock out ALL NIGHT LONG!
2. I am way to old to rock out ALL NIGHT LONG!
3. Jim and I get just as addicted as Alex when it comes to this game.


4. Competitiveness really causes issues, even if you are on the same team.


5. Being in a band isn't so hot the next morning when you have to get your kids on the bus.


6. Verizon just doesn't understand that we NEED Jim on the tour. They just don't get it when he calls in and says "sorry I'm not sure where I am this morning. Somewhere between LA and Hong Kong. But I'll be in after I find out. (Hey anyone know how he can get off work for a year, say every other year? anyone? Bushlings?)

7. We had 3 fallen comrades last night. Passed out and carried off stage to bed. Jimi, Sami and Trever are just still to young to hang with the tour.



8. The pictures just don't capture the true COOLNESS we felt last night. I guess we just need a new photographer, or camera. (applications and resumes to be left in comments)


9. TRUE rockers can not dwell with the musical drama geeks! Therefore I am going to have to quit the play, so I don't start rocking out on stage and ruin the whole thing.


10. There is a real reason that Mormons aren't usually in the band, a 12 pack of diet Pepsi IS NOT the same no matter what ANYONE says. It has NO effect on stage fright but does get the kids wiry as heck!



11. We should really wait for the Home Teachers to leave before you set up the drums. Alex jumped up after the prayer, shook their hands, and set up the drums. We thought he was going to actually give them the boot right out the door. Sorry Dylan and Carlos, next time we'll give you an autograph.
I am tired, and my arm is actually sore! YES SORE! And now I realize why the number of successful bands usually don't further their education, you just can't do both. So Jim and I are trying to evaluate the band and see if the kids really need to go any farther in school, Trever has the hang of reading, we should be good. All they need to know is a few colors, green, red, yellow, blue and orange. SUCCESS! By the way, if ANYONE can let me know where I can buy some "sticks" (rocker word for drum sticks). Our drummer (Jim) got a little wiry himself and snapped one on the second song of the set. Somewhere between LA and Portland. They all run together after about 2am.

6 comments:

Grammy said...

So when can we get tickets to see the band? Sounds like a great family activity, and everyone looks like they are having fun. But you are still stuck with the "Play", haven't you heard no quitting allowed.
I'm glad your computer is all back to normal, I've missed your blog. Not that I've done much with my own lately...

Grammy said...

By the way I like your new title, very catchy!

Karrie said...

Funny! And, you are NOT quitting the play. Lo siento, mi amiga.

Michelle said...

FUN! FUN! That pretty much sums it up......it looks like so much FUN!!

BushlingX7 said...

Kenny can give you all the advice you need on how to take a year of with 1/2 pay and benefits. Although we are not getting them this year so maybe we can just tell you how to take the year off. ROCK ON!!!

Ricecake said...

Hey next time we get together can we find out who does the best on one of the instruments or vocals?