Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Tornado hit at Christmas, now it's a Volcano...

Sami won this volcano set at school for being good in class. Imagine that! We had to make the volcano with plaster and wait a day for it to dry, then make it erupt. She let Trever help the whole time and they really looked forward to watching it erupt. The only problem was that it needed seltzer water and I couldn't find it at our store here or even the next store over, so we tried Sprite first. It worked a little but not very good. Then Alex told us to use baking soda and vinegar, that worked pretty well. We added some red food coloring and made it work good enough. It is still sitting in the boys room so they can erupt it again sometime. (I washed it out so everything wouldn't be dyed red). And YES I did let my kids stand on the table. Bad Bad mom, I know!

1 comment:

rhino rific said...

Ha I would NEVER get one of those from a teacher