Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good News and Bad news...

Ok, bad news first. I took my computer in to ARRC in Bako and it is $150 JUST to look at it. Then they said they will call and let me know how much it will cost to fix everything. I may not have mentioned that since Jim and I took it apart I charged my battery in Tabi's computer (thanks Tabi) but my computer STILL wouldn't turn on, so needless to say we messed something up. Then they said once they give me the final price to decide if it is worth it to fix. I am so upset. I have MOST of my pictures backed up but nothing else. The pictures are the main thing, but I loved my laptop. I'm not going to panic until I get the final price, besides it's tax season. Although I can't do my taxes without my computer. This one just won't work for it, just too old.


Good News is... I FINALLY figured out how to get my pics from my camera to this computer!!! YEAH, and it only took like 53 hours. (almost true) So now I can get caught up, but I don't know where to start. I haven't taken a lot of pictures because I couldn't blog them. Stupid excuse I know, but it's the truth so I may be blog crazy for a few weeks.

I will start with Winter Formal! Jim and I chaperoned because we didn't like the idea of Jimi being so young and going. I'm glad we did, only because it was kinda fun to see the kids in THEIR element, and how they act around their friends.

THE DRESS: This is the dress I wore about a year ago to my best friends wedding. Jim decided to let her try it on and she loved it. So we had a lady take it in about 3 inches but NOTHING in the length. NO JOKES! Then we found the PERFECT fabric to match the dress and the same lady made a shall, a pretty one that was long and I was proud that she kept it on ALL night.

Her hair took about an hour, and actually stayed in most of the night. She hated holding still for the hour though. Imagine that!Doesn't she look so grown up? She needs to stop it NOW! She truly looked beautiful, and after seeing how she acted with her friends, I know she isn't just beautiful on the outside but on the inside too. She doesn't know, but I think it made Jim's night that the dance after the mandatory duchess/dutch dance, she asked her dad to dance. It was very sweet and I do have a picture, but it's on Jimi's phone and that's a whole other 50 hour project to figure out how to get those on this computer. Love you sissy!

ALEX's THREADS: We found them at a discount store and with Jimi's shoes, his shirt, tie, hankie, and pants, oh and Sami a pair of boots, we only spent $40. He wore his hat and looked very suave! This was all his idea, he had told us EXACTLY what he wanted, he has some great fashion sense. Too bad he still HATES to shop and doesn't mind making me miserable when I MAKE him go...

I'm going to go ahead and say, not just because I'm his mom, but he was BY FAR the best looking boy there. He was sweet, and courteous, fun, and outgoing. Jim and I were even stopped by one of his teachers who said they had a gardening/digging project and she was SO impressed by his hard work. She was amazed that he is such a hard worker. I thought Jim may shed a tear, it is so important to Jim that his kids know the value of hard work. Looks like we do teach them something.

Jimi was crowned duchess. She was so excited. Our niece Toni was Queen. All the cousins that went got their picture taken together so when we get that back I will post it. I also got one of Alex and Jimi. They weren't allowed to have DATES! (besides Jimi wanted her boyfriend Ryan to go, but he couldn't because he goes to a different school) They are NOT allowed to date until they are 16, maybe older!



Alex got a new girlfriend at the dance. Her name is Lea, and Jim and I actually knew her from before. We went horse back riding with some friends on New Years Day and she went with all of us. She is so super nice, and gets straight A's and she is so pretty, and looked beautiful at the dance. (her shoes were even worthy of my friendship)
I didn't get a picture of them together because for the first part of the dance Alex was embarrassed of us, but Jimi and her friends wouldn't leave our side, I was embarrassed of THEM! But isn't Lea beautiful?
These are just a few more pictures of them and their friends at the end of the dance. See Jimi's crown?

I'm not sure of all these girls but from left to right, Haven Bevin, Jimi, Haddy Fletcher, Destiny Peeker, Heather Mullen, and I can't figure out who the other girl is.



Again left to right, Jimi, Haddy is hiding behind Jimi, Destiny, Heather, the unknown girl, Ty Hurley and Chaz!

This is our nephew Austin he is in 5th grade. The girl is Haven and she's in 8th. He really likes this girl and she danced with him and made his night. She's a sweetie!

Yes that was ALL of the dress on the girl on the left, I thought if she sneezed her whoo haa would be everywhere. And I was even asked to dance by the boy on the right, yes the dutch (is that what it's called?) Peyton Wyle. He is a sweet boy, very polite. He asked me to dance, so I did, but I think it's because he's been IN LOVE with Jimi for the last 5 years and thought he would get in good with me. They are just friends and he is good with that, but he's still very sweet.

3 comments:

Grammy said...

He would be the Duke. Your kids looked great, and way too grown up. I'm impressed that Jimi kept the shawl on all night, just shows what a lady she is. It is a good thing Ryan goes to a different school, I would have upset everyone by not letting him go. Now I don't have to worry about it :}! Sorry your computer is STILL causing trouble. I hope that all works out! I miss your blogs.

Unknown said...

Jimi does look BEAUTIFUL! I need to figure out a way to cut pictures of you from the wedding and Jimi from this formal...You are two peas in a pod!

Dany said...

everyone says we look IDENTICAL. I see it, the funny thing is that she looked identical to Jim when she was a baby. I did get the pictures Carrie, thanks so much and Happy first anniversary!