Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where is Trona? And Why is Trona?




I didn't post these pictures yet. They were from the game in Trona. Does anyone know where Trona is? Or the better question is WHY Trona is? I hear that it does have a purpose, it has more minerals in the dirt than anywhere else. Where most have only 3 to 5, Trona has like 29 or something. It stinks so bad it was making Trever puke, although that's not hard to do. Episodes of "Star Trek" and some scenes from the remake of "Planet of the Apes" and parts of "Lost in Space" were filmed using the Trona Pinnacles as background. We had Trever's early game and passed them as the sun was rising, it really was beautiful. I had just asked Jim "why is Trona here?" and he said," look over there", then he told me about Trona. (he is so smart!) All I know is it was stinky and freaky and really nothing there. It rained the whole day, it was nice for the drive there and the second we stepped foot on the field it started. I don't mean a little rain, I mean poured! Trever and Alex thought it was the funnest game ever. But I swore if someone came out with a banjo, I was out of there!


Oh yeah, the games. Trever did awesome, he loved the mud. He made 3 touch downs, and had a few really good hits. They won by like A LOT! It was his last game and he was bummed. The freshman team wanted him to move up to their team for playoffs, but he is still small and I didn't want to risk getting him hurt. So mommy said NO! Then there was Alex's game, by that time the once dirt field was a pond. It was fun for the boys to play in, but Alex didn't play much. They were WAY ahead so he was on the sidelines most of the time. He did have a few good hits again, but really it was a long time ago and I don't really remember. (the reason I usually post a lot) After the game, the whole senior team used the field as a slip and slide through the mud. Too bad my battery on my camera was dead and I couldn't get that on tape. Their team made it to playoffs. (We have already had one game, that I'll have to post on later) Alex is doing great. He and Jimi have try outs for basketball today and will find out tomorrow, I am nervous for both of them because frankly I think they suck! Not to be mean, but basketball just isn't our families sport. They may surprise me though.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

It's good to know something about Trona, now I can store all that in the useless bits of knowledge file!Give basketball a chance... you might like it!( and when you yell in a gym it echoes) :)!!