Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just the weekend.

We had a busy weekend and I thought I would try and fit it all into one quick post. My Internet seems to be working for the moment so it may actually work. So here goes...

Friday... Jim met me out at the horses when he got off of work, shortly after that the Reicwigs came out and we all went on a short ride, and let the kids ride in the arena. We had lots of fun, and I found out that Cori had horses when she was little so I guess I have a riding buddy when Jim is working. YEAH!!! We then had a barbecue and a campfire. The chicken was great and Danny didn't even make us sick. They brought chips and dip, fruit, carrots, cookies and chicken. Then we sat around the fire talking it up. We even got to witness Ryan and Jimi actually talking. Guess it's time for them to break up! He was very sweet and said "the smoke follows the beautiful," and pointed to Jimi where the smoke was blowing in her face. His parents better watch out, he's gonna be a charmer. We got home and Zach stayed the night so he could go to Mammoth with us for football. They stayed up way too late playing Wii, while we got a good nights sleep.



Saturday... Jim and I are awaken by ALL the kids eating! They ate cereal, apple sauce, pork and beans, honey, toast, and apples. I'm sure there was more, but they left NO evidence. We slowly got up and around and started getting ready to leave, Alex couldn't find his game pants. Mom to the rescue and found them, don't be frightened but I think we have a ghost. Alex had JUST looked in the same exact spot that I found them, I know creepy! The kids were all loaded in the car while I did one last sweep where I found Zach's game jersey, so like anybody, I stuffed it in the back of my shirt and went out and asked the boys "are you POSITIVE that you BOTH have everything for the game?" we even went down the checklist, and YES I even asked Zach. Finally I pulled the jersey out and asked "How are you gonna play without this?" I think he was glad I grabbed it. I drove the speed limit the WHOLE way! (it took for freakin ever!) The kids played Wii in the van. We got there and the kids played in the snow, not good snow, but the snow that they had cleared from the parking lot that's all dirty and hard. It was very warm when we first got there, but the second the sun went down it was FREEZING! And then they played their playoff game against Mojave...





Alex doesn't do well in the cold, not an excuse just a fact. The whole team looked like they were in slow motion. Mojave played DIRTY! They had probably 20 personal fouls called on them, 15 yards a piece and NEVER got anyone kicked out or D.Qed from the game. NOT FAIR. They were blocking in the back and chop blocking, not to mention ALL the face masks that they DIDN'T call. Our boys did great and right before half time Mojave scored but the extra point was no good. The third quarter was so so cold, and our boys were sick of getting clobbered from behind. Our quarterback got a knee injury, it all kinda went downhill from about there. Our fill in QB threw 2 interceptions and had a few fumbles. Alex almost had a great sac, but as we all know, almost doesn't count. The score ended up being 35 to 8. I think. They won second place in their division, which is great. We are very proud of Alex this year. He has really came into his body and showed us what he really can do. He stuck with it, stayed focused, and came in to a whole team of boys that have all played for years, and did a great job! He lead the team in tackles many games. He had a TON of sacs, he even caught a pass when it wasn't intended to go to him. Great job Alex, and the rest of the KV Broncos!

We got home (again doing the speed limit the WHOLE way). I dropped Jim and the kids, except Jimi and Zach off at home and met the rest of the Reicwigs in Mt. Mesa to give Zach back. On the way home Jimi and I followed this red truck that was ALL over the road and then off the road. We called the cops and reported him, while I was on the phone he went off the road and hit a reflector pole. I don't think the Sheriffs even went looking for him, because we all know what Sheriffs are good for... (that isn't nice, they are good for SOMETHING, I'm sure of it) so he probably killed someone on his way home. I just stayed back because I didn't want to be in the mess he was going to make. We return home at about 11:30 and off to bed. No more football, it makes me kinda sad, only for a few reasons...
1. I love watching the games

2. I liked having My Cori time

3. Alex was more focused

um, that's about it. I would make a list of reasons why I was glad it was over, but it would be way too long. Next weekend Jimi has her competition for cheer leading, in Cal City. It will be fun to watch, then I will be glad it's over. Jimi and Alex both made the basketball team, I think Alex only made it because it's the same coach as his football coach, and he was impressed with the improvement that he made over the football season. He hopes it will be the same with basketball, I don't know if I have the same hope. I'm going to the games to watch Cori yell at the refs. Maybe I'll learn something!

2 comments:

Danny said...

Your 3 reasons are funny, but She's MY CORI. I hope you two start to use your power for good!!

Ricecake said...

The CHP officer we saw on the way back wasn't Kremsdorf f.y.i, it was Tyre. He wasn't there on the way back home for you guys. (CHP is a whole lot better than the sheriffs.)