Monday, October 27, 2008

Camp Keep


This morning I had to take Jimi and drop her off at the school at 6am to leave for camp Keep. I just wanna say, Camp Keep is STUPID!! I don't like her gone, I don't like her not being able to call me, or worse, me able to call and talk to her. I HATE IT! She cried, I cried, I think Trever even got a tear in his eye when he realized she was gone. (She did kiss all of her brothers and sister while they were still asleep before she left.) She is gone until Friday and I know we are going to miss her and of course, worry like crazy. (sshhh... don't tell but I smuggled her cell phone into her pillow and told her to turn it on at night and text me to let me know she is ok, I know I have issues, but you probably would too.)

So yesterday we wanted to spend some good time with her so Jim went out and got the horses and brought them to our house. We rode for awhile and had a lot of fun. She had a really good time but had fell asleep by the time we got home after taking the horses back. We messed with her and woke her up, but she is um... CRANKY when she is woke up so we let her go back to sleep.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I feel for you. I hate having my kids away from home longer than overnight. (Even that is strange sometimes-I know I'm wierd) Luckily, Tanessa was homeschooled in 6th grade so she missed Camp Keep but I do suck it up and let her go to church camp every summer for a week. Cell phones don't work up there but they can use the pay phones when they have free time. And it really sucks that I have to share her with her dad for 2 weeks at a time in the summer. Well, hopefully your week will fly by and she'll be home in no time. And hopefully she won't get caught with her smuggled cell phone! :)

Grammy said...

She will be ok. Really, and so will you. Zac just reminded me you can send her mail, but that goes through the school and that might be different here.I know that won't help you feel better about her well being but she would love it I'm sure! Camp KEEP has been going on for years and years (Danny and one of my brothers both went so yeah it's been around awhile) if it wasn't a good safe environment our county wouldn't still be going. These are all things I told myself when Zac went, and I only felt 100% when he got off the bus with a big sleepy smile!