Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Time flies.

I look at my blog almost every day and check who has posted a new update and I love those of you who post all the time because it makes my life more interesting. I have the blog list on the side of my posts that says how many hours, days, or weeks it's been since someone posts and after it's been a few days or a week I always wonder if they are ever going to post. (maybe it's because I am so darn impatient) So imagine my surprise today when I looked at someone else's blog and see that mine was like almost a week since my last post. I'm one of "those" people. I have been putting it off a little because Jim and I were talking the other day and he showed some interest in my blog. He wanted to learn how to post and see what it was all about. He genuinely wanted to learn about something that I was interested in, for me. So I was putting off posting so he could help me with one and be involved in one of MY activities. The only problem with that is we have NO time. Even last night when we didn't have practice, after Jimi had volleyball and Jim working a little late, then dinner and Family Home Evening, we didn't even get the kids to bed until 10pm. So we will try again, maybe even tonight. I am excited for his input on the blog because it is a family thing. He is different than most men, in a really good way! Any time he has a hobby he gets not only me, but the whole family involved. Where most men would go dirt biking by themselves he made sure me and the kids all had one and went too. He used to golf with his brothers and then before I knew it I had my own clubs and was his golfing buddy. At first I just thought it was because if I went with him he felt like he could go more often, but the truth is he just REALLY enjoys being with me. I know he occasionally enjoys going out with the boys, but for the most part he wants to be with ME! It makes me feel really special and I love him for it. He is very unselfish and wants me to have toys too. So needless to say I have my own set of golf clubs, my own shotgun, my own dirt bike, and my own horse. Now if we could only narrow it down to one hobby at a time because outfitting 6 people in the family to try a new hobby just isn't cost effective. I really love my husband for this and I think I take it for granted a lot of the time. He LOVES to hunt, and wants me to go with him every year. I have gone bird hunting with him a few times but I am putting my foot down with this one. Please don't get me wrong, I am not one of "those" people who don't want the poor animals to be killed, I just don't want to get up really early in the cold and hike all day and be told to shoosh so I don't scare the deer or whatever away. Then if we do get something I would have to help drag the thing out. This to me sounds just like work! I really want him to go because I LOVE deer meat, I love elk more but they don't have those here. Actually the deer here look like big dogs with horns. Knowing my husband for my entire life now I have learned that he is just a very affectionate person with a big heart. He truly LOVES being a husband and father and really and truly LOVES to be around us. Just one of the many many things I LOVE about Jim!



By the way... The Apple Valley game went well. It wasn't as hot as last week. Trever's team did really well, he had a touch down and like a 25 yard run almost to the end zone. He had some great hits, but they came up a little short. They lost by I think 2 points. The other team got the after touch down points and we didn't. My niece Hannah had an AMAZING sack!



Jimi did great, she hurt her arm catching a flyer (She's a base) and it's still a little sore but she will be fine. She likes this boy that just moved here, their family goes to church with us and he plays for the sophomore team so she got to watch him play. We sat with his mom so they even got to sit near each other. He doesn't go to school with her, they don't talk on the phone and they rarely talk when they see each other so do I need to even tell you how much I LOVE these kind of "boyfriends"? Jim and I really like this family and hope to keep getting to know them better.


Alex did really great too. He had some great hits. He is on the kick off return team and caught the kick and ran it back probably about 20 yards. He was quick getting to the quarter back but it seems like he is always just a split second too late to get him. He is breaking through the line on offense almost every play, he's not really a receiver so when he kept getting through the coach would throw a receiver in his spot and move him over. The receiver couldn't get through the line but wherever Alex was he would get through and be open, so we are hoping this week maybe the coaches will teach him to be a receiver. He's not the fastest but if he can get through the line and catch the ball he would at least get a few yards. They ended up winning by only a few points they got at the very end. It was a nail biting game and really fun to watch. We are still really impressed with him. It's really good for him, his self confidence is getting so much better. He has turned in all his homework and doing great in his classes. Progress reports come home on Friday and I'm not even sick like I usually am.


Next week I think we are home against Boron. The week after will be a long weekend in Mammoth. We will be leaving Friday to watch Bo and Coleton and Dalton play High School ball, then stay the night for our kids games and probably stay again Saturday night since it's a long yucky drive home after such a long day. It's a good thing I like football. I took a lot of video but very few picture this week, but this one was my favorite anyways. Kenny and Terrie having a great day together filming....






No comments: