Thursday, September 11, 2008

The perks of blogging

There were a few reasons I started this blog a little over a year ago, first was because my family lives so far away that it would be an easy way for them to keep up and to see current pictures of the kids and feel like a part of their life. Then when Jimi was so sick it was a good way to keep everyone updated on her progress. Another great reason is that I feel that it's important to keep a family journal, not a diary with personal thoughts and feelings, but activities and new milestones that the kids and our families go through. I am currently preparing to get the last year in the hard cover book through Lulu.com so that we will always have a copy that can be passed down complete with pictures and everything. My friend Karrie Bunting told me about this service and actually has a book of her blog that she loves. But the very best perk of keeping a blog is that I can keep up with friends and family that I don't normally get to keep up with. So imagine my surprise this morning when I checked my blog and saw that my cousin Lisa Kaye left a comment on my last post I was super excited. Let me tell you about my cousin. She is a little older than me and we spent quiet a bit of time together when we were little. We spent most Christmas together at our Grandparents house and I have so many wonderful memories of her, so here are just a few.....


1. Christmas eve at grandma and grandpa Ward's. Playing 99 (or watching) until late in the night. Then sharing the middle room, trying to stay awake to hear Santa on the roof. This LOUD ticking alarm clock. Thief boys that grandma made for Christmas morning.


2. Lisa keeping all of us little ones organized. She was a great mommy when we played house, and had a plan for the games we would play. She would never leave me out when she would play with Jodi, or Karina, or anyone. I was her shadow.


3. Staying at her house in Price. They had a neat intercom system and she would call me on it. She let me play dress up with her cloths. She would protect me from their HUGE dog, I don't remember it's name (Ginger??) It was a Great Dane though.


4. She took me on one of her "date's" and bought me ice cream with sprinkles. I thought I was so grown up and so special that she let me go.


5. She always took me on walks at our grandparents. Across the bridge she would hold my hand so I wouldn't fall off.


I always looked up to Lisa, she is so smart and so beautiful and one of the sweetest people alive. I am so happy that I can now sneak a peek into her families lives. Thanks Lisa Kaye!

1 comment:

love2scrap88 said...

Wow! You have a great memory and such kind words! It made me cry when I read what you wrote about me. I have great memories of you also....you were always such a cute and fun little girl! I'm really enjoying your blog.