Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nothing new, or exciting... (or creative)

I thought I would update but when I pulled up my update page I realized, I have nothing to update on. Well, that's not ALL true.

Saturday was the boys first real game of the season. Trever had a GREAT game. He had at least one touch down, maybe even two. Their team is doing great and have 3 really good coaches. Trever is having a great time and it is weird to me that boys that young can actually run actual plays and do so well, but somehow the coaches pulled it off and they did great. I will be truly surprised if they don't go undefeated this season. Hit of the week was definitely Trever, the only bad part was that he wasn't the one hitting. He got the snot knocked out of him, but as Jim put it "it was a one of those hits your just proud to be a part of" The announcer even said "Trever hit HARD by #55". He got up shaking his head, it was a hit to remember. His game play changed a little after that because he defiantly wanted to get that kid back and the nerves where out and he got a lot more aggressive. They don't actually keep score at his level but we did. We won with 5 touch downs to their 2. (I think)



Poor Alex had a really long day. (Not to mention his poor parents) We had to be there at 7:15am for Trever's game and Alex didn't play until 5:00pm. It was really really hot and not much shade so he was worn out. He was on starting offense and defense and only came out a few times. We could tell he wasn't as energetic as last time but he still did really well. He got clipped a few times and mom FREAKED out at the ref. The Big Bear coach kept coming on the field arguing with the refs, so most of our stands were screaming at the refs to get control. It was a horrible game to watch, bad bad calls and the refs took forever to call penalties, needless to say we didn't get out of there until 7:45pm. It made for a long long day at the ball field. Alex enjoyed himself but didn't like it when he got hit hard in the back and mouthed off to the kid that kept doing it, and the ref got onto him. (good thing mom wasn't on the field) I am still so impressed with him this year. We even got a phone call from his math teacher just to tell us he is a different kid this year in class. He has and A and all homework has been turned in, he's focused and doing really well. Whew... those are the calls I like to have.



Jimi always does well. She looked good. In addition to cheerleading she is playing volleyball for her school team and is doing good with that. So far it hasn't conflicted, but we will play it by ear and see if it becomes a problem.



Sami just hung out with us all day, well and her friends. They took the team pictures and instead of buying all the individuals for each kid I decided to put them all in one together and it is going to be SO cute. I put Sami in it too and wanted her to kneel in the front and act like she is eating nachos but she was embarrassed so there are no nachos in the picture. I'll post as soon as I get it but it won't be for awhile.



There is a guy that stands on the sidelines taking pictures and then you can buy them online. I haven't seen Alex or Jimi's yet but they have some great ones of Trever, I am ordering a few but if he is at EVERY game it could get expensive so I will post this link so you can see them for yourself. Trever is #30 and if they post Alex's I'll link that post too.

Football pictures of Trever vs. Big Bear

Saturday we are headed to Apple Valley, which is about 2 1/2 hours away. We have to be there by 7:30am and Alex's game won't start until at least 4:00pm. Another long day.



I went riding with a lady from football, Kristin. She grew up with horses and hasn't had a chance to ride lately so we went Monday for about 5 hours. It was a lot of fun and she is a nice lady. We would like to do it more often but she works so we will have to take what we can get.

1 comment:

love2scrap88 said...

Hi there my cousin I haven't seen FOREVER! Your Mom sent me the link to your blog and I've spent hours reading and catching up with you and your beautiful family. I knew a little bit about your daughters ordeal - but not to the extent it was! You did a great job documenting it all. Blogs are a great way to keep in touch! Love and miss you! ~Your cousin Lisa