Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Fun!

We have been trying to make the best out of the summer. I start feeling guilty when my kids are board and have nothing fun to do. So, last week I took them to the lake a few times to swim, it was so much fun especially since the temperature was 110 those days. When we started at the lake the water was THICK and GREEN, but after about an hour it cleared up. For those of you that don't know when there is a giant change in temperature the water in the lake turns which turns it green, but also makes it nice and warm. We also enjoyed watching the helicopters come and dip from the lake to drop water on the fire.


I think the fire is almost out because we have had HORRIBLE flooding.We haven't been effected by it yet but some friends of ours have had to be evacuated and it is affecting them greatly. Our prayers are with them all.


We had a rock skipping contest and I will say Alex won hands down and was skipping rocks 12 to 13 times. Jimi's best was 6, Sami was 5 and Trever had one that skipped 6 and I had one that skipped 6, but I tried REALLY hard. Alex is a PRO rock skipper!


We then went swimming at our friends pool ALL day on Saturday, right up until the flooding started, then we went out to ride the horses for a few hours since the rain really cooled off. It was a nice weekend.


Work has been SO SO busy, which means lots of hard work and lots of money. We think we have things solved with the van and as long as they send me the check this week, Lancaster Honda says they will have it fixed by Friday, Monday or Tuesday at the latest, I LOVE LANCASTER HONDA! They have treated us SO good, I will never take my van anywhere else for ANYTHING!

No comments: