Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's OVER!!


After a long softball/baseball season and just when we thought it was over, both Alex and Jimi got the call for all stars. (Dang overachievers, they get that from me) So they had practices all week then Jimi had a game in Rosamond, which is about 2 hours away, both Friday and Saturday. So, my friend Tina and I took the girls down and stayed the night in Mojave. I took the camera so when Jim went to Alex's game on Saturday no camera. Sorry for only Jimi pictures. Alex lost his first game but did really well himself, he threw someone out at second. He practiced all week at second base but ended up playing center field in the game. We were really proud of him, he really did a great job this year in baseball. I swear every time I leave for a day and come back that kid is inches taller. He is now taller than I am. It is weird to have your kid taller than you, I don't like it. He is currently out riding MY dirt bike that he couldn't touch the ground on just a month ago. Anyways, back to baseball. They had a game on Sunday and Alex chose not to play on the Sabbath, we are so proud of him, but the team lost and that was the end of the line for them. Now, Jimi's game on Friday was against Boron, whom they lost their only game in regular season to. They won! Then Saturday they played and they lost, which meant they had to play again in Rosamond on Sunday. Jimi knew she wasn't playing on Sunday until we found out they had NO players that were sitting out and if she didn't play they would have to forfeit and her team would be out of the tournament. She went to church and got picked up from there and went to the game, which they won! So again they played in Rosamond on Monday. Now all of you are aware of my car issues so again she got a ride and finally they lost! I think they took second for their district. Jimi played third base and had a lot of action there. She was worried about the grounders but did a good job. She psyched herself out and struck out a few times, but also hit a great pop up to outfield and got out and another one to left field and got a double. She also caught a few pop flies and got some outs. Her and Alex were great little ball players! But, I am glad it's over, no more worrying about practice and games and NO car and juggling work and quality family time. I will say that I had a great time in Mojave with Tina and the girls. We sat by the pool and laughed until we almost peed! It was a nice getaway! Thanks to Tina and Christine for the rides!

No comments: