Friday, May 9, 2008

I've been caught by the FUZZZZ


Don't laugh! I was on my way to work just scooting along when I see a CHP car coming at me, of course I knew by the time that oblivious me sees the car I had probably already been caught I decelerate (not brake). He flips around, passes the two cars that were tailing me and pulls me over. I have been pulled over a few times (ok, a lot of times) so I know the drill, I was just hoping it was one of the guys I knew and they would be having a good day and feeling like letting the poor working girl off the hook. NO SUCH LUCK!!!

CHP: "I clocked you doing 74 and this is a 55 mph zone"

I am thinking NO IT'S NOT IT'S 60 THROUGH HERE.

Me: "um, ok...." I know creative.

CHP: "I'll just be a minute while I write you up."

I am thinking, that's it not, I'll make if for only 10 over or a warning or something, anything!! Nope, nice BIG FAT TICKET!! On one note, did you know that it IS indeed 55mph in front of James Station? And that's why I don't argue, because I am fairly clueless. But now in MY defense...



Ok, I have NO defense. I deserve it, I have gotten lucky for the past 4 years. The last ticket I had was about a year after we moved here, I was driving the Suburban with Colorado plates that had expired. I was going 87 in a 60. This conversation went much better for me, more like.....

CHP: "hey, you were cookin back there, I got you going 87, did you know it's only 60 through here?"

Me: "um.... yeah" again, creative me

CHP: "How long have you lived here?"

knowing it had been almost a year.. ME: "um, a few months or so"

CHP: "that's funny because I've seen you around for almost a year or so," and without skipping a beat or even looking up he continues, "it's probably time to change those plates over... since there expired anyways."

Now at this point I am NOT stupid, 27 over is wreckless driving, expired tags and never changing my plates over. Not to mention that I had just had the suburban detailed and he had to wait like 5 minutes for me to find the registration and insurance. So I think... well, I've never been arrested, this should be fun.

CHP: "I'll site you for only 10 over, and maybe you could get those plates changed over"

Me: are you kidding me, I didn't say a word, I just sat with my jaw hanging open.


Now I know that my good friend whom is the wife of one of the CHP's that work this area is probably laughing hysterically, not to mention her kind, sympathetic CHP hubby, and you both deserve a good laugh at my expense. I get pulled over quiet frequently, and have been insanely lucky. For those that know me, your probably wondering why I was going 74? You all know and say that "Dany drives 80 everywhere she goes, that van only does 80" I am glad I wasn't going 80 or faster, cause this guy wasn't going to let me out. I do hear that they come into the restaurant quiet frequently and keep us open late, I have yet to see it, but I am waiting for him to come in, where I will say...

"Are you planning to tip me enough to help pay for the ticket you just gave me?" (cleaver huh?)

who are we kidding, he'll say, "didn't I just pull you over the other day?'" and I'll say "um... yeah"

1 comment:

Angie Thompson said...

I heard about that ... from several people in the past couple of days - we smiled and Byron sympathized. Sort of - you know, you could just give him a dazzling smile (when he comes to the restauruant) and promise that his food wasn't spit in. :-) Well, that might not be the best idea ...