Friday, May 9, 2008

Do I look like a STRIPPER?????


I knew that would get your attention! So, I am working at my FAVORITE Mexican restaurant, El Portal, waitressing. I make really good money for just 4 or 5 hours a night. Usually I bring home right around $100 a night, plus my check every two weeks. In Colorado, and other states, they don't have to pay a waitress minimum wage, but in California they do. It is nice, not big checks, but I get them the Friday Jim doesn't get paid. I average it out some nights and I make like $32 an hour, can't beat that for no college education and really NO stress! So, usually I try to change in my tips at the end of the night so I don't have pockets FULL of ones, but quiet often I an super busy up until they cash out the register and I am stuck with them. So as you all know me, I make the best of it. Every week I pay my tithing in ones, and the trash bill was paid with ones and the grocery store loves me because I replenish their supply. I just smirk, because you know they are wondering were someone gets all the ones. The funny thing is that I mentioned this to another waitress there and she said "Well, if it was $5s and $10s they would just think you were a drug dealer. " POINT TAKEN!


Ok, I am a TOTAL believer in acupuncture. I went from 6 or 7 diet Pepsi's a day to um... NONE! No, that is not a typo, I don't crave them, and when I do I get one and take a few sips and that's it! I can't think of the last chocolate I ate, I don't even think about it. And the first week I lost 8lbs, this week I have lost about 4 so far but we will see at official weigh in on Monday. One think that is hurting the weight loss is the Dr. says eat more than 5 hours before bed and NO starches with that last meal. I leave my house for work at 3pm and don't get home until 9pm. If I eat before, I wake up STARVING! So I have been eating before bed, I can't imagine how much I would have lost if I didn't do that.


1 comment:

Krissy said...

Well, I have always wondered about you being a stripper...and this admission makes me wonder more and consider that you are working at El Portal as a cover!!