Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Little Late Birthday For ALEX!!

Jan. 2008




We are parents of a teenager. How does that just happen? Happy Birthday to you Alex, May 14th 1995. Early that morning I woke up at around 4am, not feeling a thing, just couldn't sleep. I watched T.V. made blueberry muffins, just sat around. About 7:30am I felt a little tired so I went to lay back down, I had just fallen back to sleep and I have NO idea why but I jumped out of bed and my water broke. FUN!! Then contractions started all around 9am. So off to the hospital where they sent me home and told me to come back by 8pm that night. So, we go home I try to walk but it HURT SO BAD. So after about an hour or so at home, I went back!! They kept me this time, I don't know if I didn't know about the epidural way back then or if I was just out of my mind, but pain medicine didn't even cross my mind. Towards the end I got a little cranky, ok A LOT cranky. I told a nurse where she could go I threw up and got mad when things weren't going quiet like I wanted them. After pushing for 30 minutes of HELL (sorry but it was) and the Dr. finally ripping him out, Alex Wesley Morlang Hurley was born at 5:34pm May 14th 1995. The Morlang is a second middle name, for my dad who is the last Morlang and was a way to keep the name going on. His collar bone was broken, His nose was broken, the whites of his eyes were blood red from broken vessels, he had a blood clot on his head from rubbing on my pelvic bone for the last few months. He was so bruised and cone headed and looking back at pictures he was plain CREEPY! But to us he was the most beautiful thing in the world. He weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 23 inches long, and 4 days early. Alex is a great boy. He is one of the most artistic people I have ever met in my life, he whips out drawings and they are amazing. He is loving and has a BIG heart. He is so smart, if only he would not get lazy. He is so handsome. He has NEVER even one time given us a hard time going to bed, OR getting up in the morning, even since he was a baby. He appreciates what he has. He loves God and loves the scriptures, he reminds us when we need to be more spiritual and is planning for his mission. He is amazing on a dirt bike, and amazing on the ball field. He picks things up really fast. He loves to build things and take them apart (is that a boy thing?).A It sometimes breaks our hearts that others don't always see the Alex that we see. He doesn't have it easy, but he doesn't use it as an excuse. I know that he will always be my baby boy, and he is so loved.




So this year for a party... we are planning a dance. We are going to set up the garage with black lights and a strobe light. Pizza and loud music. Boys and girls. We have put it off until the end of the school year because there is so much going on and we need to make sure that the birthday boy won't be in trouble for grades.... This should be interesting.
March 2007
Sept, 2006
Sept, 2007

1 comment:

Karrie said...

Happy Bday to Alex, who is a good lookin' kid (esp. with short hair...)I think he is starting to look more like you, Miss Dany. Too bad about that ticket SpeedRacer. Someday your speed will be put to good use- save all those "ones" from your tip money and take yourself to an "Indy 500" camp or something. Or put NOX in your mini-van and race for pinks. Cool.