Friday, February 26, 2010

Whiskey Flats

We aren't really a whiskey flats family. Jim had to work and at first the kids didn't realize why I wouldn't take them without dad going with us. Later, when Jim got off of work, we went. They then realized exactly why we don't go without him. It's really a lot of drunks running around. They have a lot of booths, where I got my Miche handbag, coolest bag in the world. It was my Valentines gift from Jim. Got some decorating ideas for our bedroom, that I found cheaper at Ross a few days later. I was so glad we didn't buy them at whiskey flats. We did take the kids to the small carnival one night where we went out on a ledge and gave Alex and Jimi a little freedom (thanks to cell phones and constant knowledge of where they were) they got to hang out with friends most of the time. We would see them in passing and it's really nice that they aren't at all embarrassed of us. I sometimes wish Jimi was, but it's the other way around, she brings ALL her friends to me and she embarrasses me. The little ones, and me, rode a few rides. Jim, as always, bargained with the ride managers and got most of them for free. We even got my favorite carne asada tacos for free because Jim is friends with the family that owns the truck that makes the best ones ever.
Sami and Trever on the tilt-a-whirl.
We went through the fun mirror house and I thought the family would get a kick out of this picture because they tease me so bad about having short legs. (really they all have FREAKISHLY long legs)
This is what I would look like with short legs.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

That picture is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

LOL you look like ME!
Stacie