Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Kayak (Jims horse)

Jim loves his horse Kayak. I think it is probably his best friend (besides me, and Keith). The other day Jim and Tim and Nick went bird hunting on the horses and when they were done they were loading the horses in. Kayak always goes in first and he's a little bit of a jumpy horse and something caught his eye and he reared up. He gashed his head open about 6 inches or more. It's really gross. Jim took Kayak up to the Porters (The Mule Makers) to get him Dr.d up. They showed him this neat little lip twist trick so that Kayak will let us wash it out and Dr. it up every day. These pictures are from the second day, and today is actually the forth and it looks a little better and a little worse. It's cleaner now so you can see skull, but it looks like the swelling has gone down. We pray Kayak will be his old self and will heal with no problems. And I know this makes Jim love me even more because he doesn't have the stomach for shots (I had to give him his tetanus) or cleaning out oozing wounds, so guess who gets to play vet? I don't mind I just want Kayak to get better.

I'm going to take pictures when I go out tonight because this looks good compared to what it does now.

No comments: