Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My bedroom and digging

We want our bedroom and bathroom so bad and we are getting closer and closer, it won't be long now. The bathroom has been what's stopping us since we moved in. The thought of tearing up good concrete and tapping into a septic tank is scary. Jim has a good friend Greg who really helped us out. He is loaning Jim all the equipment and holding our hand though it. He is "donating" all the fittings and flex pipe he can. It won't be long now.
I hope you can tell how deep this really is. It is also Trevers favorite place to play with his cars.
Ok so Jim cut the concrete out and jack hammered it all out. He dug a smaller deep hole to find out exactly where the pipe was and ran out of time. The other day I was sick of my kids and needed to work out anyways so I started digging and digging and digging. At the deepest point this hole comes to my shoulder and the shallow end comes to my mid waist. Luckily the dirt kind of soft but lifting shovel full of dirt over my head was not the greatest on my body. My shoulder didn't go ALL the way out, but almost did 3 or so times. But I will say I felt my age the next day. I couldn't move. My back hurt so bad, and honestly still does. I'm not as young as I once was. If only my body could keep up with my mind.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

does not look fun!

Karrie said...

one heck of a project... no wonder you were sore.