Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's too GIRLY in here

Yesterday I pulled out the old sewing machine, (ok it's only been used twice). I decided to teach the girls to sew. What was I thinking. I decided to attempt to make another skirt in hopes I would like it this time and actually wear it. It's not done yet so we will see. The girls got an old pair of jeans that either had holes in the knees or were too short and a skirt or dress they wouldn't wear anymore. They cut the jeans off and the bottom of the skirt and sewed them together. This is easy, rewarding and you don't really see a lot of mistakes. Jimi worked really hard but didn't want to listen to my ideas and hers really didn't turn out. Sami on the other hand found a talent. Hers turned out great and she will be wearing it on Sunday. She wants to do it again today, I don't know if I can take another day of sewing. I thought I loved it, I don't. I don't even like it, and I'm not good at it, so why would I do it? I am going to make my curtains and put my machine up for when Sami wants to sew.




I didn't know Jimi was taking a picture, yes this is me ready to scream, or just cry!

When Jim got home he sat down for a few minutes and said... "It's too girly in here I gotta go do something MANLY" So he took Trever shooting guns. Trever has a .410 that changes barrels into a .22. Last time he shot the .410 it knocked him on his butt, so Jim tried it and he said it kicks harder thank our .12 gauge shotgun. So this time he was sure he could handle it. Jim said he shot, it kicked, he sat it down and stepped back and tripped over a box and rolled about 3 times down a hill. So the joke is that it kicks so hard it knocked him down a hill. There is also something about a rabbit foot being shot, but every time they said it they would laugh HYSTERICALLY and so I think it's more of an inside joke and that NO rabbits were harmed.


4 comments:

Grammy said...

That is just one more reason I am happy I have all boys. I know that is not a good excuse for not even owning a sewing machine but it works for me! Sami's skirt is very cute. Maybe she'll learn really fast and then make yours for you!

Michelle said...

Great job, Sami!! Love the skirt...very cute! Hey, now I know where my girls can go to learn how to sew.....your house!! I do not sew. Actually that is not true. I did sew jingle bells on our Christmas stockings....once. But, I've never even sat at a sewing maching before. Tanessa sews a little with her stepmom and grandma. I'm sure Ali would like to learn. Looks like Ali and Sami have a playdate!!

BushlingX7 said...

Can Tayah come play? I have a sewing machine but I don't think I have the patience to teach her.

Karrie said...

Um, tease Jim for me that mini vans are not manly. Not even with guns. :)