Monday, May 11, 2009

Talent Show


Every year the kids school puts on a big talent show dinner for a fundraiser. Every year I swear I'm not going. It takes hours and the food is horrible. This year I somehow got duped into letting Sami and Trever do it. Luckily they both preformed near the front and we could leave early. Food was still gross though. Sami and Trever sang with Tylee and Dylan. They sang one of Kenny's songs from his CD called Angels and Devils. They did great, it was a neat choice for them to sing. Then Trever did a song with Dakota and their friend Jacob and sang Kryptonite. I was surprised that my kids don't have stage fright. They sang and danced and had a great time in the spotlight. I would have liked Alex to play his guitar, and Jimi to have sang or danced or something. She helped a group of little girls with a dance that her and her friend Destiny made up. Last year we bought extra raffle tickets for these baskets that they raffle off and didn't win a thing. This year we didn't buy extra because we were leaving early, but you got one free entry for your dinner ticket. I ended up winning a cute bear welcome sign, a wreath with a candle in the middle, then as we were outside gathering kids Austin came out grabbed Jims ticket out of his pocket and came back a few minutes later with some tie down straps that Jim won. It almost made us want to stay. (ok they were good prizes, but not THAT good).

This is Tylee and Hannah, they sang a Taylor Swift song (I think). They were so cute and did such a great job.

1 comment:

Karrie said...

They actually sang? I'm impressed. I'm not a big fan of sitting through and hour or more of lip synching.
ps- I'm sore now. Not terribly, but enough to where I don't want to run. I didn't get to today because I didn't sleep well at all last night, but I should get to tomorrow. Here's to running 30 minutes straight!