Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our First Poker Ride...

Jim and I have heard of a poker ride for at least a year now and have looked forward to going on one. Well we finally got to go. This is what it is. We all meet at our friends Dee and Perry's at 10am. We get our first card, in a sealed envelope. We ride a few miles, get the next one. So on and so on, and get our fifth and final card back at the house. Then everyone opens their hand and see who wins. We didn't! But we had a great time anyways. There were about 75 horses there and I rode Abbi and have to say that ours looked and acted close to the best there. See, maybe I am a real cowgirl. But I have to say, cause I know you are all thinking it anyways... Jim looks SO INCREDIBLE in his hat and chaps! YUM! We then had a BBQ and a small raffle, again we didn't win anything. But I loved this cowboy hat wind chime thing and really wanted it. Perry and Dee had one similar and gave me theirs. Very nice people.I shaped Jim's hat all by myself, I think I did a pretty good job. And it only blew on the ground about 3 times.

I have a post coming soon about OUR horse trailer and the problem Jim had while trying to fix that up, but I want to make sure he doesn't lose a foot first.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Sounds fun, is Abbi finally behaving well?

Dany said...

So much better, I think she was just jealous of Hazel.