Thursday, April 2, 2009

I think "Bleacher Butt" is a real problem

Another night at the ball field. Jimi played her first game of the season last night, against the much hated/envied team the Wolverines. Dana was Jimi's coach last year and is really tough, and really good. Her daughter Ashley pitches and WOW, she has some heat. She pitched great, mostly strikes and REALLY fast. (I don't think the pitchers in high school pitched that fast) Jimi plays shortstop and did great. She had a REALLY hard grounder come her way and she scooped it up and made a perfect throw to first and got the out! Then she got up to bat, I had known she was nervous to hit off of Ashley but I kept reminding her that she had hit off of her in practice last year. (I don't know if she did, but she didn't either.) She got up, watched a strike go by. The next one she swung... hit it out to right field!!! She was the first to hit off of Ashley, their first at-bats were 3 up 3 down. I could see how happy she was! The next, and last, time she got up she hit it again. This time the first baseman picked it up and got her out, but she got an RBI so she should be proud of that. She did a great job and the score doesn't reflect that but it really is all about the pitcher and ours just wasn't thowin it. (besides she had a bad attitude) Jimi is a great athlete and I really enjoy watching her play, she is intense ALL THE TIME! Dana was impressed and when she told Jimi good job, Jimi told her she learned it all from her. I bet Dana wishes she had her again this year!

Sami didn't go because she had achievement days, Alex and Jim went to "process" a pig. Alex threw a fit and refused to go, and swore he wouldn't eat pork ever again if we made him. He went and we're having pork chops for dinner. That means I only had Trever, should be easy huh? WRONG!!! He drove me nuts, chatting and being bored, and almost getting us kicked out of the park for throwing a ball on the field in the middle of the game. He is DEFINITELY his dad's kid! Two games in a row... my butt hurt so bad last night, I wonder how long it will take to get it conditioned for this?

4 comments:

Angie Thompson said...

Alex was hilarious last night ... I have some pics to share from the processing. He stayed right with it for most of the fun!

Grammy said...

Don't you have some fancy chairs made just for bleachers? I realized the other day when Angie was taking about the pig that I am absolutly a city girl, I was glad Zac had a game and didn't have to go.
Trever and Caleb can hang out and be grouchy together. What else is there to do when you're not playing?
Jimi amazes me with how intense she is about everything! Thats a traight I wish I could tap into.

Grammy said...

okay I'm sorry I can't spell... trait!

Dany said...

the only problem with the trait is that is in EVERYTHING she does, including fighting with me.