Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Green krispies and green face


So I am a TOTAL slacker when it came to Easter this year. My only excuse is that we JUST got home from vacation and I wasn't even sure if we would be home by Easter at all. So... the night of Easter I got the things to make the rice krispy baskets, the ones with the dyed coconut grass. Um yeah... instead they made their own creations. Alex made a guitar and mic. Jimi made eggs and a bunny. Sami made eggs. Trever made, well who knows but he had most of it eaten by the time he was done. Jim had the idea to dye them green. They ended up looking a little gross but tasted really yummy. We didn't actually eat the kids creations, I made my own, in a pan, away from the kids. Sorry the pictures are so blurry, new camera and I can't figure it out in time for the kids to still be around, that's also the reason I have no pictures of Trever.





Next...


Jimi is grounded from her precious cell phone, because she's mouthy and it's that or I beat her! Monday night she asks nicely to run to Toni's to borrow jeans (the cloths swap thing is so weird) and then go to Harleighs to do a facial mask. It was 7:34, but I said yes as long as your home by 8:00. She runs out, and comes strolling in at 8:09. I told her that she just added 9 more days with no phone. Obviously she was mad, but who could tell cause she still had the green mask on her face. Being the nice mom I am I decided to give her a 5 minute grace period and decreased the time to 4 extra days. Then I grabbed my camera, of course she didn't think her green face was bloggable, but I disagreed. Finally we negotiated and I took off the 4 extra days. We won't go into how she acted later that makes us wonder if she will EVER get her phone back.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

New camera? how exciting! Your kids are old enough to know their trip counts as a visit from the Easter Bunny.