Thursday, April 16, 2009

Are Ghosts really REAL?

I think that I am pretty open minded about most things. Does hypnosis work? EMDR did. Herbal remedies? Sure why not. Exercise give you more energy? Yeah most the time. Yoga? Let me know. Anyways, when it came to ghosts I was the same way. Yeah, maybe but I've never seen one. Felt one, maybe. But no actual proof. UNTIL NOW!!! This is the part where you look away or stop reading if you don't agree with me and want to argue it out, or if your scared and don't want to look. There's my disclaimer, my blog, my rules!

I had mentioned our recent trip to Alcatraz, and that I had a creepy photo or two. Yesterday I was looking around for history on Alcatraz and had I have known some of these things BEFORE we went, it would have been a lot stranger/scarier. So, it is one of Americas most haunted places. Didn't know that. Over the years, it has served as a military outpost, a fort, a military prison, a federal prison, and finally a national park. During its history there have been many deaths on Alcatraz, including 45 Civil War soldiers, 8 guards and inmates murdered by other prisoners, 5 suicides, and 15 inmates that died of natural causes. With the beatings, torture, hate and sorrow it has seen, this place has earned the reputation of being one of the most haunted places. While I was looking around it made sense that none of these deaths were pleasant, much less the quality of life for anyone, that the spirits would have maybe stayed around. Ok, so I looked again at my pictures of Alcatraz. There was a lot of hype around the Warden's home which was burned down. So I zoomed in a lot of pictures of the Warden's house. Believe it or not this is what I got, nothing has been photo shopped and we will all only see what we see, so this is really my own opinion.

But I can see a man standing in the top left window. No one was there.

Sami has to do a big report on Alcatraz island, so I took a few pictures of some of the signs in the prison. This is what I got. It looks a little like a cat, but you can see an ear, nose, mouth, eyes and I think a little hand by the mouth. What do you think? This is the original picture but being small you can't really see it on the blog. Top left corner in the brick.

Ok, I posted these before, but after looking into the prison, and finding out about the Civil War prisoners it made sense of his jacket, the long Civil War type. So this is zoomed in. Zoomed in further I make out a face but it gets so pixaly that I don't really know. I have looked and looked at all pictures and there was NO WHERE to stand over there. It was the third floor window and the greenery you see is actually the top of the tree's and a huge 20ft fence. The railing you see is actually pieces of the fence and nowhere near the building at all. The building is flat around the corner too. A little blurry I know but I was getting a picture of the Bay.


So now I have MY OWN proof. Your welcome to leave your own thoughts, but it won't change my mind. I reached over the chains that kept us from the prison hospital and felt ice cold draft and the girls freaked out because they heard a moan. (I didn't actually hear it myself) I did hear cell doors slamming and got rushed out of the prison as lights were going off. We were the last ones in for the night. My camera (new by the way) gave me NO problems before or since Alcatraz, but there were many places in the Prison that it just stopped working. New batteries and it would still just shut off, only to come back alive ON IT'S OWN a few minutes later. I didn't think anything of it but a cheap, broken camera. I still haven't changed the batteries and took over 200 pictures after that. I have more, but they don't show up well on the blog, and I could MAYBE explain them to myself, maybe not.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

That is just creepy.....kinda neat but creepy. Mikey's family has a history with ghosts and crazy happenings that have no explanation and it always used to freak me out when I experienced anything of the sort.....YIKES!! I think after seeing your pictures, I will forever be too scared to go to Alcatraz! Oh, and my question is: Did you see anything while you were taking the pictures or not till you got home and looked at them?

Grammy said...

Not that alcatraz has ever been on my list of places to visit, but if it had I would be taking it off. Scary things are not entertaining or fun, they are just scary! No scary movies, no scary books...I guess I am a great big baby! It's probably a good thing I looked at your blog in broad daylight, now I won't have bad dreams.

Dany said...

Michelle, I didn't see anything while we were there. I heard cell doors slamming but that may have been real. I felt a little strange a few times. Our tour guide locked us in "The Hole" with NO windows or outside light where it is so dark that you immediately get disoreinted. And when the cell door slammed we all felt an immediate drop in temperature by A LOT! I tried to take pictures in there but that was one of the places my camera (and Jimis's camera on her phone) refused to work.

Dany said...

Oh, and Cori now that I have seen the pictures and done a lot more research I can't wait to go back, but I want to stay on the island a lot longer and look around more. But hey my idea of the perfect date is a big steak, a really really scary movie then home to bed. I think a date to Alcatraz may top that though!

Karrie said...

Why were you up at 5:ooAM? Now, that's scary! It's not even light yet!

Dany said...

Karrie, I wasn't up at 5am that IS scary! I made the post yesterday and schedualed it for this morning, I have another sceadualed for tomorow. Weird I know.

Ricecake said...

I would love going to Alcatraz! Maybe even getting one of those shirts that says "ALCATRAZ PHSYCO WARD"

Ricecake said...

I looked at the picture of the window twice and the second time I saw the person