Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let me count the ways.

I'm not sure I've ever mentioned that I HATE SNOW! I will now explain why. I grew up in Colorado where it wasn't uncommon to get 4 feet and school still wouldn't be canceled. I HATE being cold, I rather it be 112 then below 50. I hate that when snow melts it makes mud which makes a mess. I hate that the kids go out then come in and change into CLEAN DRY cloths, just to go right back out, and if I hadn't mentioned before I also HATE laundry. I HATE California drivers who assume 4wheel drive means, drive as fast as you can in the snow, never realizing that 4wheel drive will NOT help them stop! I could possibly go on for hours, but I will get to my point of what my day was like yesterday.

I wake up and see that the snow DIDN'T melt and go to turn on the news, but no cable. The power kept going out so that meant the pellet stove kept going out. The kids whom I normally have to drag out of bed were up before 6am and straight outside. I tried and tried to clean my house, but it was worthless because 1. I didn't want to, and B. they made messes faster than I could keep up. So I was sick of my bathroom sink being clogged. I have tried EVERY chemical to unclog it but NOTHING has worked. I ever broke a piece of PVC pipe underneath. So I put on my plumber hat, I mean how hard could it be. It would take a few minutes and all would be great. Right? WRONG!!! I spent 6 hours under the sink, making new fittings and replacing pipes that were broken, then since I guess that wasn't enough for me I decided to re-route my dishwasher drain because I think that's what started the problem. In the mean time I had to clean and unclog the pellet stove, which is a mess. I went outside (in the darn snow) and shook the pipe, and black soot went everywhere. Next thing I know I look up to Jimi taking pictures of me back under the sink. Isn't she a sweetheart! (add tons of sarcasm to that). I have decided that I'm just stupid. Who jumps into these things with NO knowledge of what there doing besides me?

Examples:

Jim: Hey lets get you a dirt bike.
Me: Ok, what's the worst that could happen?

Jim: Let's get you a horse, this one isn't quiet broke yet and very few people will actually ride her, and she's 19 hands, but she's a good horse.
Me: Ok, what's the worst that could happen?

Jim: Dany, I need your help loading these Boars into this trailer to take to slaughter.
Me: Ok, what's the worst that could happen? (did you know Boars actually kill and eat people)

Jim: Hey I need your help castrating these pigs.
Me: Ok, how bad could it be? (it's bad)

Jim: I need your help re roofing our house
Me: Ok, how bad can it be? Sure Kenny I will do your roof too. (at least I got paid for that one)

The list goes on and on. I guess I live for the moment and don't think of the what if's. So far it works for me, so I probably won't quit now.
And did I mention I HATE SNOW?

3 comments:

Karrie said...

I love your comment about 4 wheel drives. I agree- loads of people think big tires will save the day. Please note on my blog that I want a dented and rusty one so that when I DON'T stop, no one will notice. 4 wheel drive will let you GO, but that's it. And what the heck with people "gotta get to work" trying to drive in the snow? Southern CA drivers should know to just stay home. We don't have the skills. Or many rusty cars. Seriously- some people have winter cars in other states. We don't!

Grammy said...

So maybe you need a class in How to say that is a bad idea! My boys wanted to come out and play in your snow the other day...I refused to drive them because I don't like driving in the snow and ice. I agree with Karrie on the whole "I gotta get to work" thing, take a snow day people! Unless you work for the phone or power company, I happen to like those two things around here!

Dany said...

See, I didn't even mention in my blog that not only did I not have power throughout the day, or cable TV, but I HAD NO INTERNET for like 2 days. I'm not sure if I have mentioned it before, but I HATE SNOW!!