Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Horseback Riding at Camp Owens






Since the kids had Monday and Tuesday off of school, Jim decided to take Monday off and go riding. Jimi and Trever were the only ones who wanted to go with us, but we had a great time. We had been wanting to pull the horses up past Kernville to the Camp Owens trail, it was a lot of fun, although... there was a part with a very narrow trail with a drop off on one side and a mountain side on the other. My horse was a sulky racer and doesn't realize that when she backs up there isn't a cart behind her to save her. Besides the fact that she is VERY new to being a saddle horse so she is still in training, and she is HUGE! She took off UP the side of the mountain, so Jim's horse Kayak followed, then Jimi's horse Abbi. It was a mess. We ended up walking them a little ways down the trail until it opened up to a big meadow, then up the mountain on some great WIDE trails. The way back down wasn't near as bad, I guess we got the jitters out.





After the narrow trail ordeal I grabbed my phone to take a picture, and it was gone. So my knight in shining armor, on his horse and all, went to my rescue. He back tracked until he found it. Luckily we had service and he had Sami, who was at home, keep calling it so he heard it. MY HERO!





It was a great day. The top of the mountain was freezing because of the wind, but as we went back down it wasn't so bad. We stopped and had lunch and Trever swore he saw a bear. I don't know if he did, but it was freaky out in the open like that. But don't worry, my knight would have slayed anything that tried to get me. Jim looks so sexy, or um, nice on his horse, with his chaps on, and his gun on his hip. YUMMY!

6 comments:

Grammy said...

That looks like so much fun, freaky dropoffs and bears and all. Tell Trever it was probably a cow, that's what I keep telling Dannyabout the bear he saw.

jimilee said...

Cows are MUCH bigger!

Dany said...

oops that was me, jimi was logged in before me! Darn Kids!

Michelle said...

I'm jealous....that sounds like so much fun. That is my lifelong dream to have horses. Maybe when the kids are gone to college and I have money....oh, yeah, and time!

Grammy said...

I have to admit-Jim DOES look good in his chaps.

Danny said...

That last comment from Cori was really me. Cori was logged in, sorry.