Thursday, October 30, 2008

An Ode to Sami...

I would have liked a few more pictures but our internet is acting funky, so here's to you Sami!






Sami oh Sami, how sweet thou art... your smiling face brightens each and every day. Your laughter fills my heart in the moments we are apart, and your bright loving eyes whisk me away each time you return. A Sami hug is an addicting drug that I do not need rehabilitated from, this is a drug I will stay addicted to for life. Sami oh Sami oh Sami oh PLEASE...


Sami is definitely getting the middle child treatment lately, I really do feel bad. So with a little reminding, I am doing an ode to Sami. Sami is super sweet most of the time. She hugs every teacher every day and they miss her if she is gone. She loves thinking she's responsible, like "babysitting" the Reiswig boys. Really she looses them quiet often. She always tries really hard and is a complete math whiz! When we moved here Sami was just getting ready to start kindergarten and we were really nervous because she was a mommy's girl and didn't talk to ANYONE. She was really shy and would hide behind my leg with a smile but never never talk. Now she gets in trouble for talking in class, and when the teacher moved her between two boys... it still didn't help. Sami isn't into boys, she knows they like her and they ask her "out" daily but she isn't ready to be tied down quiet yet. At the latest parent teacher conference I was informed that she is just like the other Hurley's and is very athletic. This was a shocker because she really doesn't like to sweat. She hates getting up in the morning and misses the bus at least 3 times a week. She loves Top Ramen morning noon and night. She loves Pepsi and almost everything her daddy has. She has a big heart, one time I took Sami and Trever to the Dr. they both had strep throat and had to get a penicillin shot. Trever was scared so I asked Sami to go first, I told her it was going to hurt but try not to cry too much because Trever was scared. She got her shot and just smiled (if you've ever had one you know that it's one of the worst). She sat in the corner and tears rolled down her cheeks but she just smiled and didn't make a peep. Then Trever got his shot, of course he screamed and screamed. We then stood up to go and Sami fainted. She had been holding her breath, but the Dr. was scared to death that she had a reaction to the shot. Nope it's just Sami. She either wants to be a Dr. or work at McDonalds when she grows up. Of course as any mother, I want her to work at McDonalds. After that fainting episode there is the other notorious one when Jimi was in ICU and she, again smiled and held her breath. She went out right there on the floor. After a "code blue" call, and a 911 call with the ambulance having to take her from the upstairs ICU to the lower level ER. They released her after about an hour and she was embarrassed and felt bad that she had taken me from Jimi's side, but I enjoyed the short time we got to spend together eating graham crackers and drinking apple juice. So I think she will do much better at McDonalds. Sami enjoys watching "Total Drama Island" and "Survivor". She likes to watch (or play at) the boys football games, but cheer leading just isn't for her. She can't go to bed or leave for anywhere without kissing her daddy and me. She has NEVER had a real hair cut, only a trim in the bangs and once in awhile I pretend to trim the bottom. She loves her cats, even though she hates the litter box, and the fact that the rest of the family HATES them. She loves to be center of attention but will take the back seat when it's needed. She loves the song "Dance Little Jean" because her daddy started calling her Jean and it stuck. There is just so much about this girl that is great, I just love her!!




3 comments:

BushlingX7 said...

I just love her too. What a wonderful girl. She makes me laugh all the time and her smile is contagious.

Danny said...

The Sami page is AWESOME! I hate to say it, but it's about time.

Grammy said...

Sometimes we have to stop and remember all the things we love about our children....and it's certainly easier with some of them isn't it!