Monday, October 20, 2008

I cried!



I don't cry very often, but today I had to take Sami and Trever to school, then get Jimi a lunch and some money for her out of town volleyball game. After that I was heading into town to see Jim for breakfast, when I look at my driving hand and my diamond on my wedding ring was GONE! Not just a diamond, the big one, the whole setting. I immediately pull over and start freaking out, looking in my jacket pockets and pants and van, everywhere. I knew I had it yesterday so I had to start retracing steps, I drive ALL the way up to the school and have Jimi look IN her lunch, I look through the parking lot where I had parked, NO luck. I go to James Station and retrace my steps through the parking lot and through the store, again NO luck. Jim tells me to relax so I go ahead into town but I can't get my mind off of it. I prayed and prayed. I finally just went home because I couldn't eat anyways and Jim knew I really wanted to come home to look for it. It's not the monetary value of the thing, it's the emotional part, and that's usually not me. I'm not sentimental but this REALLY got to me, I have had that ring longer than I've had probably anything. I had the perfect ring in my head forever and somehow Jim found it, and when he saw it he just KNEW, and he was right. I searched all the spots I thought it could be, then finally I started from the beginning, I took the sheets off the bed and VOILA! It was in my bed. I am so happy! It wouldn't be the same with a new diamond in it, I needed that one! So this is what my ring will be looking like for awhile until I can get it somewhere to get it fixed, which is another huge ordeal because they usually have to take your ring and send it "out" and the fear of never seeing it again gives me anxiety, and not wearing it just feels weird. And what if they say they put the same diamond back in it and really don't? I think I would notice... or at least I hope I would.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

How scary, I would have freaked out and cried and cried. I dropped my ring in the shower once and Danny thought I was hurt because I screamed so loud. Good luck getting it fixed, I would wonder about someone switching it out too, although I've never met anyone that's happened to. I'm just paranoid.