Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A full time job may be easier....

So my day yesterday didn't get a WHOLE lot better but at least a little bit better. It ended with the Tuckers Home Teaching us and the kids really showing out, like "look what I can do, look what I can do" and Sami scaring the tar out of Elle with a fake doggie costume. (It was quiet funny). We love visiting with the Tuckers but I'll be surprised if they come back, I think our kids scared them off. I swear we DO give them attention. The best part was that Krissy brought these WONDERFUL chocolate yummy gooey brownies! Thank you Krissy I needed them!

So today Jimi had a volleyball game/match (someone please tell me what it is called) in Lone Pine, so she yelled at me all night that I hadn't packed her a lunch yet, we have NO food for a sack lunch in the house right now. I explained, ok yelled back, that I would have it to her before she left for Lone Pine. We get up and I again do her hair, super cute! She, again, hated it and took it out! I'm done with that girls hair! I'm going to call up Taegan and have her cut it for me. (if your confused see Tabi's blog!) And again, Sami missed the bus, but luckily Jim took her on his way to work. So I shower and go to the store to get Jimi a lunch, take it to her, drive to Wofford Heights for a Dr. appt, drive around the lake to have lunch with a friend, but she was sick so we didn't, but I got to see Jim for a minute so that was nice. I drove all the way home, check messages and there is one from this nice man saying he had Jim's hunting dog Maggie. First I had to go back to Jimi's school to drop off her phone because it's stupid for her to have one if it's at home when she is in Lone Pine! Now about the dog let me tell you, I can't stand this dog. First she was way too expensive, she is hyper, she sheds, and she gets out. Not out of just the yard but out of a kennel that she is chained INSIDE of!~ To top this darn dog off, I think she is pregnant! And not with FULL BREAD English Pointers!! ( I do have to say she was holding a point at 13 weeks with NO training and it is amazing how good of a hunter she is, and that she is smart enough to be an escape artist, but don't tell Jim or Trever I said so) So I go get her, Jim met me there too. And now it's almost time for the kids to get home so we can fight over homework and get to practice on time. No clean house, nothing out for dinner, but a dog that's home (I should have deleted the voicemail and pretended NOT to know where she was.)
This is what Jimi's hair started out as... then this.... the last is Sami's and it's what I tried to do with Jimi's hair today. (It does look cuter on Sami though)


Now something funny that Trever said last night that reminded me why I love my kids. (Don't think I'm mean I know you all wonder sometimes!) Jim and I were talking about how fun it would be to go see a Vegas show,

I say: We would just have to make sure it's not a topless one, for some reason they're all topless there.


Trever: Yeah, because if it rained you would all get wet.


Jim and I looked at each other for a minute very confused... until we realized how innocent the kid is and thought the building was topless. Then we laughed hysterically!

Then Jimi was talking to him and asking if he would rather play football or do archery, her story goes on forever but she finally asks,

Jimi: Ok Trever, would you rather practice football for one hour or do archery for an entire week?

Trever: Jimi I would practice football, archery is stupid cause you put an apple on your head and if you get shot in the eye you would die.


The funny thing is he was completely serious and can't figure out who in the world would do archery!

2 comments:

Karrie said...

You know a full time job would be easier- especially if you are a man. Work, come home, eat a meal you didn't prepare, don't do your dishes, and then sit in front of the TV for the evening while your underwear magically appears in your drawer and the toothpaste you left in the sink scrubs itself out. When I go back to work I'm getting a cleaning lady once a week because I refuse to do everything I do now PLUS another 40+ hours earning "real money". I'd be a real wench if I didn't.
And Trevor's comments are super funny--I can totally picture him saying that about archery. Duh!

The Hogue's said...

I'm sure Taegan would love to cut Jimi's hair for her, just let me know and I will send her over with her trusty scissors.