Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Jimi and her sports! (add frustration when stating!)

We are the only "stupid" parents at Southfork Middle School. I know this because Jimi is the only girl on the volleyball team that also cheers. This may not sound like a BIG problem, but it is. I have explained the busy and complicated football schedule before so now add...

leaving another 15 minutes earlier to drive to the middle school to pick Jimi up on days she has practice. She has to leave early and we thought that would stop her from playing or at least "starting" but no such luck. They go with a point system and she's a natural athlete so she does very well while she's there and has top points and starts! (again with the frustration!) Now on game days Jim has to go to work earlier and I have to pick him up on the way to her game, find the boys a ride to practice because we will be a whole 15 minutes late. The boys get in trouble for being late, Jimi doesn't because it's a school activity. And that's if it's a home game, match whatever it is in volleyball! We haven't done an away game yet and I don't' know that I will, she may be on her own for those ones. Anyways... her very first game went pretty well. She did good, she is working on her serve and she isn't her aggressive self out there. I'm not sure if volleyball is an aggressive sport but I kinda think someone has to be because a lot of the time nobody would even go for the ball, trying to let someone else have it. FRUSTRATING! They won, Jimi's friend Shelby is really good and has an awesome serve so she is hoping to get some help with that. I tried to get good pictures but it was the weird gym lighting and then they asked me to keep score, who needs a break to watch their kid play? I shouldn't say that, every football game they need chain gang (the down measurer and markers) and they won't let Jim or I do it because we um sometimes.... get a little vocal, occasionally at the refs, but only when they are just plain STUPID! (or blind) I tried to tell the volleyball coach (who's husband is Alex's football coach) about the yelling thing, but she didn't seem to mine. I think she knew I didn't know volleyball enough to argue, she was right! I played in middle school, but they have changed almost ALL of the rules since then. Next year we will re-think the both sports thing. I know she loves ALL sports and she does well in them and I want her to try as many as she wants before she commits to just one or two.


Other Stuff...

We got to Mammoth Lakes for football/Cheer this weekend, we are making it a long weekend because it's so far away so we'll be gone most of the weekend. It should be fun.


Alex has a new girlfriend, Destiny (not Jimi's friend) they are in "love"! PUKE PUKE GAG GAG! They are on the phone all the time. They got to different schools but she is a cheerleader. I haven't seen her yet but I have a spy checking her out for me. (Don't act like you wouldn't do that) They were on the phone the other night and I hear Alex outside, they were looking at the stars together. It was SO funny! Then when they were getting off the phone Jimi heard him say "love you too" so I asked him what her last name was and he said "I don't know mom!" Silly mom thought he should know that BEFORE he fell "in love" ( did I mention PUKE GAG?) He had a great sack on Saturday and his team won!


Report cards came home last Friday and I was pleased. Jimi had only 1 B+ and the rest A's, she was mad. (imagine that) Alex thought he did GREAT! He was so excited, he did OK, mostly B's, 1 A, and 2 C+'s. He could do better, hopefully his mind will be on school and not this "girl". Sami and Trever had mostly +'s. They are doing good so far. Sami was getting in trouble the first couple of weeks because she kept talking in class, so the teacher moved her next to boys but it didn't help, she kept talking. So her teacher told me and we both kept on her and I guess it has improved, but I thought it was too funny that Sami was getting in trouble for talking, when she was little she NEVER talked! Trever did really good until 2 of his cousins got put in his class for reading or something and his teacher called and said he turned in to the comedian as soon as they got there, so he got cards pulled for a few days. I think he is straightening up. Always the jokester! (just like daddy!)

3 comments:

love2scrap88 said...

Wow! You're a busy Mom....your kids sound very athletic and very smart! I can't believe Alex has a girlfriend!!! It's so fun to read about your kids and your family!

love2scrap88 said...

Hey you - you're tagged on my blog :) Check it out and then copy & paste it :)

Karrie said...

Woman! Tell Jimi I said she has activity ADD. It's hard to have so many kids in so many things. I know Marcie loves it, and maybe you do to, but after reading about all the driving and scheduling and having the family spread out all over tarnation- I have made a rule for my fam. Just now. Every person gets one sport/activity. Period. Focus on that one sport, get good at it, support your sibs at their events, and give poor mom a rest.