Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

 After Disneyland we went on to Colorado to visit my family for Thanksgiving. We had a nice easy drive there and a great Thanksgiving. It was great being back in Colorado, cold. I have missed it and, dare I say it, I wouldn't mind going back to the snow. I miss Colorado but both Jim and I know that one day we will be in Cedar City Utah, we've know it from the first time we drove through when we only married a few months.
My daddy

My mom (Sandra) My dad (Wes)

Alex, my nephew Rory, and Trever
My niece Courtney
My niece Kaycee
 
My big sister Stacie and Sami
The drive home was much different. I was driving and when we got to about Green River Utah we hit a blizzard and nowhere to stop. Good thing I learned to drive in the Colorado snow. We saw at least 10 roll over accidents and over 40 cars off the road. Nothing we could do. The scariest was the fuel tanker we watched roll his back tank. I'm sure they had to probably close the highway until  haz-mat came out. It was scary. We played a fun game though, I would "guess" the people we would see off the road ahead. I was right about 95% of the time. The kids were amazed I could tell the future. Really it was that they were usually the idiots flying by. When I say flying by I mean going over 30. We got to Cedar City and took a break.  This is my family outside Denny's in Cedar City. We got stopped to eat and get gas in case we didn't have another chance.





fuel tanker

More of the fuel tanker, it was a double
looks fun huh? Almost looks like match box cars



We had great weather by by Mesquite Nevada we hit the only thing worse than a blizzard. Stupid people traffic! We were stuck from Mesquite Nevada to Kramer Junction. The normal 13 hour trip took us over 19 hours. Note to self- DO NOT LEAVE COLORADO ON A SUNDAY!!

No comments: