Monday, December 13, 2010

Kenny's annual song


Not a video, just audio
For the past 8 years Kenny sings in Sacrament for Christmas. He sings "Oh Holy Night". It's always amazing. For some reason I tear up every time, can't help it. I recorded it this year (ok last year too), but while I am listening to it I notice how silent the chapel goes. Babies aren't crying, and people aren't talking. He is mesmerizing to listen to. Trever has said how hearing uncle Kenny sing makes him want to cry, so he sat and stared and listened and didn't move, and at the end HE CLAPPED! We don't clap in the chapel, he knows that. He said he just got really into it and forgot. It was only like 2 claps before he caught himself but we couldn't stop laughing after that. It was truly beautiful to hear. As my friend Krissy said though, he will be struck down for not singing for us more than once a year. Jim just says God will make him pay for it.

Listen for the clap at the end, it's Trever. And it's long but worth listening to the entire song, it's truly moving.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!


1 comment:

Grammy said...

I was wondering the other day when Kenny was going to sing. Sad I missed it. It would have been a good day to visit! Trever is funny.