Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What am I doing?

I feel like I'm constantly busy. But nothing is ever done. Maybe it's because I'm constantly walking behind my kids picking up things or better yet screaming at them to do something. We have gone swimming at my brother in laws awesomely huge saltwater pool a few times, and I must say my tan is looking pretty good so far, but nothing really great. Yesterday I deep cleaned the house. When I was trying to get the kids to help they kept saying "why do we have to clean when we're moving?" I wanted to scream even more. I have decided that I'm not giving them a chance to screw up once we're in the new house. I have told all of them that if they can't pick up after themselves here then they won't do it at the new house. I'm sticking to this. If they don't quit treating THIS house like a dump then when we move all they will get is a mattress and a blanket and 2 sets of cloths. They will have to earn everything else. I think they don't believe I will do it. One reason to write it down, now I have to hold myself to it. My kids are just too spoiled. Oh, and why can't laundry stop during the summer? I still hate laundry! Besides it makes my house even hotter running the dryer. I can't wait to move!

2 comments:

Karrie said...

you are a mom. that's why you are constantly busy with nothing to show for it. also, do the earning your stuff back thing with your kids. they get it. i did it with my kids. its amazing what they haven't earned back and don't even miss. it's easier for them to clean up, and i'm not stepping on junk all the time.
as for the laundry- a clothesline will dry your clothes in 20 minutes during the summer. also, make your kids wear swimsuits all day, everyday. i spent my summers like that. i wonder if it's because my mom didn't want to do laundry...

Anonymous said...

hmmm and your kids are all old enough to do their own laundry...you would be surprised how much less they change when they have to do it....and I really really love the swim suit idea!! Can adults do that too??
love you mom