Friday, June 4, 2010

Alex's 8th grade graduation

Graduation time. It was a nice ceremony. Alex looked so old. I didn't really get emotional but I did make sure he knew how proud we were, mainly because he raised his grade 4 letter grades in 2 weeks. Just goes to show he can do it. And... he was only .05 away from silver honor roll. He's never gotten honor roll before. Jimi got Platinum and has a 4.15 gpa. Sami got silver honor roll and Trever got most improved in reading. But homework for the last quarter was down for him drastically. Spring fever I guess. Alex starts summer school at the high school Monday. A lot of kids here do it. He is getting some math out of the way so he can be ready. He also has to log 24 workouts in the school gym to be eligible for football. Then 2 a day's, I can't wait to move into



Alex's graduating class of South Fork Middle School. All 26 of them.

Alex getting his diploma!




Bobbi McKim. She is on my softball team. A really talented girl. Sweet heart, I just love her.

Jimi with her BEST friend Destiny Peaker.



Jimi, Destiny and Heather, ready for the dance.



My big old Alex all fancied up.



Ty and Alex, two pretty handsome boys



Alex's graduating friends. Tawnia, Cody, Alex, Vanessa, and Jenna



All 27 graduates



Destiny and Jimi, they COULD NOT stop talking during the graduation



I told them I wanted a brother, sister picture. They thought this was how it should be.



This is more like it! Fake like they like each other!

Alex and Cierra



Alex and Jimi's friend Heather



Vanessa (the valedictorian) and Alex



Alex, Destiny, Cody, and Jimi



Alex, Desiree, and Ty



Their class sweatshirts. They have all their signatures in the 10.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

I was sitting here wondering why on earth Jimi and her friends would be going to the dance, but then I realized, how boring would it be if only 27 kids went. Alex does look old! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Speechless, proud! WOW!

Love to all,
PawPaw