Wednesday, May 12, 2010

who knew it would feel so acomplished

Since I scanned and uploaded those pictures for my Mothers Day post, and learned how easy it was, I have been scanning all my old pictures. Not only am I scanning them but I am naming them and putting them in the right files, like for each kid and vacations and other family. I am not quiet finished (I have a ton) but I am over half way. I had no idea what an accomplishment it would feel like. I have meant to do it for years and years and years. I am scared to loose all of those pictures. I know I still need to buy memory sticks and transfer them so I don't have a computer crash but I know I'm almost there. I would like to eventually digital scrapbook and print the kids a photo book. I still haven't done my blog yet so that could still be a long time coming. I wanted to post some of my favorite pictures though. Its also amazing how much I do remember about each picture, well and how little I remember on some of them. I do know which kid it is. There were a few of Sami and Jimi when the were first born I had a little trouble with but I did get it sorted out.


When I started finding my favorites I decided there are a TON, so I'll do each kid as it's own post. Starting with Alex.

Things I should have learned... Alex would play and play and when he would stop, he was out cold. He still does that.







Alex loved being the big brother, this is him with Jimi the day we brought her home. I nursed her and one day when she was sleeping on the couch he took his dinner and laid it by her. I asked what he was doing and he said "you don't feed her, so I wanted to give her my dinner" I cried of course, then explained the whole breast feeding thing to him. He's a great big brother.

Alex with Sami the day we brought her home. Both him and Jimi were so excited.
Alex was thrilled to finally have a brother. He was also thrilled to finally have Trever home. It was hard on them to see Trever in the hospital and not bring him home right away.
Yes I used to be super crafty. Alex's first Halloween. He was 5 months, yes crawling. I made his dinosaur costume. (look how young I was, and skinny that quick)
I think this was one of his 8th grade graduation pictures. We laughed so hard. Him showing off his muscles. Not to mention Jimi being a diva. Nothing has changed.

First trip to Disneyland

dirt heads, what else can I say

Again crafty Halloween. Alex a bumblebee, and Jimi a flower.

Alex blaming Jimi for spilling the egg dye, see nothings changed. It was her fault, but she was cleaning it up. Ok SOME things have changed.

Alex looks so old. And Trever looks so nice. (oh the date stamp on most of these is wrong Trever was only 10 months I think) Alex was 5.

Alex went with Jim on a scout camp out. They took their motorcycles. Yes the first born is always spoiled. He had his first dirt bike when he was 3.

Ran out of gas again.

Alex at just 1 week old.

No comments: