Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The kids reward for all their help

Here we are all eager to go. Boots on and as many cowgirl shirts as possible.

Tori on Hazel (who is difficult to ride, but for some reason Tori has complete control over that mare. And Jimi warming up Abbi with either Trever or Tylee on the back.
Tori and Jimi excited to get going.


I think it was mainly Jimi who recruited Tori but they helped make our evening dinner so amazing and memorable and I really couldn't thank them enough. The only way I knew how was to take them horse back riding. Tori sometimes begs to go and loves all horses, even if she doesn't get the chance to ride she is happy just cleaning pens or running them. And not to knock any of the others but Tori is a born natural on a horse and we are really proud of her. The problem is there was no school Monday and it poured rain in Canebrake to the point it almost flooded. They were all troopers and hung in there. We ended up taking all of our kids plus Toni, Tori and Tylee.


We let Trever ride Abbi all by himself. This is me on Kayak with Tylee on the back. Tori is ahead of us riding Hazel.

Here we are coming back from our ride. You can see how deep the puddles were and how cold we all looked. This was Tori's second ride right in a row. What a trooper.

I know this looks like Jim but I borrowed his hat and it's me riding Kayak with Tylee on the back.

Off we go!
Trever has wanted this colt since she was born. Hazel is her mom and we don't know the daddy. She is only 3 years old and he has almost broke her. I saddled her up and threw him on, with no reigns yet and led her around. She, and he did amazing. Next time I will bridle her up and see what happens. It's a secret so don't tell.

Jim has even more pictures so I will post those when I get the rest of his others.

No comments: